Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day there thrillseekers,

today I got my you beaut code reader from "Muzza" , and IS really terrific, and I would recommend it to anyone. However, another problem has arisen (it never rains but it pours!) I plugged the gadget in, and it worked, marvellously, but it gave me a strange code: #796. Now, no matter how had I look, I can't find such a code anywhere. It is not listed in my manual, and I can't find much to do with diagnosis codes on the 'net.

Maybe someone out there knows? If so, could you please tell me?

Maybe it's just gremlins?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts
What model car and what engine are we talking about? If it's an EL this code can be disregarded unless it's a Ghia or LTD where it means: a speed sensitive power steering fault.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I agree, a bodgy code.

I got one of Muzza's code readers too, handy item to have.

cheers:beer:

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
how much are they worth and where can i get one from?

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
yeah same i want one too! (i hope they dont cost too much!)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day all:

Firstly, the car is an EL fairmont, so I guess I can disregard the code, thanks Aussiblue.

As far as getting one of these readers, contact "muzza" thro' this forum, I did. I keep telling the guy that he needs to market the product. I will say again, it was worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria
272 Posts
Code Scanners

Hi, guys.
Creature3 suggested I drop in and say hello.

I can supply the scanners if interested. I am not a business but a hobbiest and originally made one for myself, then for a few mates and have also made them for several FordForums members.

I have now sourced a new supply of the diagnostic plug and can build up some of these if there is interest.
The price for the "small" unit is $65.10
The price for the "large" unit is $75.55
Includes p&p.

The difference is that the large unit has a selector switch to get to the seperate transmission controller for the revelant models which use the seperate trans controller e.g. XR8s (plus have added access to ABS codes to this version as well).

The small unit works on all EA (later build) to EL and will display engine and transmission codes (where trans control is integrated into EEC).
For XF (and early EA) I made a version with terminals than would plug into the trapeziod connector (I could not find this type of connector anywhere).

Let me know if any interest and I will get some together.
Email me and I can send pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts