Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 7.3 F-250 Ive owned for about 4 years with no electrical issues.

This morning I was woken up by my horn stuck on and going off. I unplugged the horn and went back to sleep thinking it was just an issue with the horn switch.
A couple hours later I go outside and I hear my door locks locking and unlocking automatically every min or so, as well as a few random chimes coming from the dash (like when you turn the key).

So I have my horn relay going on and off randomly, my door locks doing whatever they want, and random chime sounds happening.
From what Ive been able to find online it seems like the door locks and horn are on separate relays, and I dont know anything about the chiming.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing all of these issues together or where I can look next?

My batteries are only about 6 months old and both charged. I dont have any type of aftermarket alarm. We did get a little rain last night / this morning but I dont know if that is what caused the issue somehow.
Any thoughts are definitely appreciated as I am lost!

Heres a vid of the issues:

·
Super Moderator
9,487 Posts
How close are your keys when this is happening? It sounds like the sequence when you use the FOB to lock or unlock it. Wondering if it's the FOB and not the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How close are your keys when this is happening? It sounds like the sequence when you use the FOB to lock or unlock it. Wondering if it's the FOB and not the truck.
I thought of that also, definitely not the keys though I moved them out of range to make sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,369 Posts
Check for water intrusion in the cab and the battery voltage with a meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52 Ford

·
Super Moderator
22,248 Posts
I have had a few vehicles with similar problems that were caused by low battery condition and further dropping of battery voltage when left overnight triggering the fault .Even though batteries are fairly new , load test and likewise with alternator .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts