Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the weekend i changed my upper intake manifold to a ported one i bought off a mate, not much of a difference but its certainly better.

something i noticed when i pulled off teh old upper was that the inside of it was coated in engine oil. upon further inspection its all over the inside of the throttlebody as well.

what would cause this, and would this be the reason i get a bit of smoke on startup sometimes?

wouldnt mind fixing it pretty soon

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
id have a guess and say that oil is coming up through your pcv breather hose and back into the intake?

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Nothing to worry about really.
if you look closely from behind the t/body butterfly, theres a small fitting with a plastic hose connecting to the rocker cover filler neck, to expel any gases/ oil mist.
Just clean it up she'll be fine ..
Cheers

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just a little worried because there was quite a lot, would this be why its doin a little smoking on startup?

could my pcv valce be crook? allowing more than usual amount of oil in?

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Could be...
Remove it & check it out, Remove the grommet & pull out the small wire strainer thingy & wash out with contact/carby cleaner a word of advice tho... Go to Ford & buy a new rubber grommet before you do this as they never seem to seal properly afterwards..
Once again mate you'll find it normal

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
That is normal, just clean it out like svo347 said above.

PS Love the last part of your sig :evilhehe: :s5

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
When I changed my T/B over to the 70mm unit I noticed I had oil residue in the inlet manifold, and from I have understood it was possible blow back, I am pretty sure on the 200kw motors there is no pcv.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did notice when i pulled teh pcv out the other day it seemed to come out and go back really easy, i might go get another gromet thing like you said.

also i forgot to mention that the hose that goes from the oil filler to hte TB had a split in it, and was why i always had oil around that area. could this have been drawing in air, thus sucking more oil than normal?

its all fixed now anywayz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts