Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a request from gman, he wanted me to scan the article in question for him, i thought i'd just post it up so all who didnt get the mag, could have a read,

enjoy-

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
354 Posts
which edition is the article from?

·
Registered
847 Posts
turbotrana said:
Look at the extractors on the last past. Press bent as opposed to mandrel bent. Personally I would never buy press bent extractors regardless of JMMs so called "reputation".

Its an old article isnt it, I believe mock is now using a new design anyway that is mandrell but please correct me if im wrong.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
The design of the extractors is far more important than whether the tube is press bent or not.

Rick.

·
Ford Veteran
685 Posts
6pAc|30nG|00n said:
Its an old article isnt it, I believe mock is now using a new design anyway that is mandrell but please correct me if im wrong.
Yep they've got new design extractors, apparently much much better

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
He mostly does 6s, not too sure he does do 8s. But there's no harm in ringing in and asking!

·
Registered
695 Posts
lol I did..he said "yes". Tell me one place that would say "no"?

I'm just after some feedback from ex customers of his who have had their v8s done by him :eek:)

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
gman in what way are the new extractors different? i have a set of his old ones and seem to recall a thread where somebody said they were doing a replacement program which made a set of new ones really cheap?

·
Ford Veteran
685 Posts
Rollin said:
gman in what way are the new extractors different? i have a set of his old ones and seem to recall a thread where somebody said they were doing a replacement program which made a set of new ones really cheap?
The new ones are much bigger, the cat has to go further back and it is out of sight actually when you are looking at it with the bonnet open. Further specs im not sure of only looked at them for a bit, Brenden said something like this ''our old ones are the best on the market, but these new ones **** all over them also'' he said up to 10kw more power than the old ones. They are an extra $145 and again $145 on top if you want the HPC coated (with 'JMM' signature on top) and they look awesome.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is a pic of mock's new headers:

http://howefamily.ath.cx/header.jpg

They are tuned length & stainless steel as you can see.

Soxx: are you running the old ones or these new headers?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Hmmm equal length? The front primeries look longer..

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
ooooooh....they certainly look very nice...$145 on top of the old price would make them $545!!! thats a lot of money for a set of extractors...blimey...but probably worth it - i have been playing a little with that extractor design calculator i posted in the 'cams, what to get' thread and the pipe lengths it gives are very very long, at least compared to the extractors on offer. these appear to be a bit closer to optimum length....?

do they do exchange? as i said before i thought i read something about that?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
they look sinilar to my extractors but with much longer secondary pipes, like a set ive seen for a vl 3L actually. i wonder if there is a benifit of lengthing mine?

·
Ford Veteran
685 Posts
Rollin said:
ooooooh....they certainly look very nice...$145 on top of the old price would make them $545!!! thats a lot of money for a set of extractors...blimey...but probably worth it - i have been playing a little with that extractor design calculator i posted in the 'cams, what to get' thread and the pipe lengths it gives are very very long, at least compared to the extractors on offer. these appear to be a bit closer to optimum length....?

do they do exchange? as i said before i thought i read something about that?
My mistake, the cost of the new extractors is $645 and if you want them HPC coated version they are $790. This is cost alone if you are buying them, not labour charge.

·
Registered
126 Posts
They are listed as $700 on the Mocks price list.

I will email them tomorrow to find out if they will exchange them for the older style and what price is involved.

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i reckon thats a bit steep for a set of extractor... no matter how good they are claimed to be. sh!t turbo manifolds sometimes are made for that amount, and they require way more work then a bloody set of extractors.

cheers.joe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts