Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

About to take delivery of a new black GT,

Do you think it's worthwhile getting the stripes (white) or is it better to wait and do it at a later stage.

I was told that any dealership can arrange it to be put on?

Feedback appreciated.

Bodat :driver:

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you must - then why wouldn't you get the original factory ones. At least they are a know quantity and any cost saving would be minimal and worth the extra expense for the certainty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand that it costs more to have them put on after delivery. It used to be (Mark 1) $500 new versus around $800 after delivery (I am not sure if that includes the cost to actually put them on). There were a couple of guys at the drive day that had black GTs without stripes. Both regretted not getting them. One guy was thinking of doing it himself but apparently it is a bitch of a job to do perfectly. Better get the expert from FPV out to do it (this is what I did after a P plater ran up my bum)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, put them on by the factory!!!!. I have a MkII GTP and they look great ( black on Rapid).

I did hear the stripes that go on after market are not the same as the factory applies. Checkout warranty issues if they come off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get it done at the dealer. The factory fitted stripes delete the gt badge on the side, it is replaced by gt cut out of the stripes. Dealer stripes get the badge left on. Looks much better.

·
Weapon of HSV Destruction
161 Posts
Get the stripes mate!

In my opinion, the only 2 cars that should ever have the stripes are the GT and the GTP. I've seen plenty of XR's getting around with them on, I thought about it, but i just think its traditionally the wrong thing to do.

Hell, i have even seen here in Canberra some wanker with stripes with the GT logo on the side of an XR8, still with the XR8 badge on the boot! When i asked him about it, he said he has spec'd it almost up GT level! What an idiot!

In my opinion, and in the opinion of a lot of others, a GT has GT stripes! Go for it and congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
316 Posts
GTP-330 said:
I saw a black GT with CHROME STRIPES :O lookes awesome.
was that D&T's Simon?? (where's my damn edit mate?...) sen that one and it does look good- good point about keeping the GT badge if the dealer does it though......

certainly better quality vinyls around too, and you will save yourself some money, and believe me, some heartache with the better quality stuff also. have to have the stripes tho for sure (although I'd have them the other way around)

seen one with an xy style stripe package- silver on black- coming back from bunbury on the weekend which looked the goods too- but the GT had an L plate on it :fraz:

·
Demeritator
128 Posts
Stripes are a love or hate affair, but it's a GT man, it has to have stripes. You will kick yourself if you don't. It hurt to fork out $500 odd for the factory ones, but it was a certain choice for me. I will be parking beside a guy with an XR6 ute at work with aftermarket stripes, and his car does look good, but it just isn't cricket.......

·
Conan
124 Posts
Go the stripes from the factory. When they put them at the factory they go right around behind the body mouldings, creating a factory look. If the dealer puts them on they can only go up the where the moulding and the panel meet, creating a small gap that you will notice when you look.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bodat said:
Hi there,

About to take delivery of a new black GT,

Do you think it's worthwhile getting the stripes (white) or is it better to wait and do it at a later stage.

I was told that any dealership can arrange it to be put on?

Feedback appreciated.

Bodat :driver:
I don't drive a GT (yet), but definitely get the stripes. I've seen black GT's getting around with silver stripes...and white ones. Both look great. Even red or yellow would look awesome.

·
TuffZc and pursuit
301 Posts
Dannopower said:
Get the stripes mate!

In my opinion, the only 2 cars that should ever have the stripes are the GT and the GTP. !

What about my pursuit :booty:

·
Registered
84 Posts
For about the same money any good sign shop can make a set and fit em for you but you can do a bit of customising where you want and choose from a much wider range of colours and finishes. Even have custom graphic's put on to the stripes but thats just another option. Because youu just got to have the stripes :hy:

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
GT-P 738 said:
Go the factory stripes man, i saw a Gt the other day with aftermarket ones and they looked crap.
Factory stripes a must on the FPV range. :hy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
If your asking that means really you want them.
Get them factory fitted,so then they are original and not aftermarket.
Stipes from the Factory can be taken of.But Factory stripes cannot be put on later,only aftermarket stripes can and as soemone else said they dont look the same.
Cheers Fox.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts