Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #2
They sound good.I was at U.S.A importers the other day.They sell the crank,Ross,pistons,rods for if I can remember just over $2,000.I was not realy looking for them[replacing roller rocker].But that is one place to start.Trouble is why pull a perfectly good motor apart.I'm waiting for mine to wear out so I can do something like that in an EB.The price is parts only not machining or balancing,labour.Heads etc would need improvement too.But the torque!Good gear.
By the way they replaced the rocker for nicks after two years.Thanks guys.
Ph 9607 2299...U.S.A Importers.....

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Stuff the 347, talked to Herrod yesterday the all new 351 stroker cranks are almost ready. But then again..... big price difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
If you could get a hold of a 351w Lightning lower manifold from any online parts place in the US, you could bolt it a 351w with unleaded prepared heads and use XR8's stock upper manifold and all the other EFI parts. if it is EL series and after.

Need a custom oil pan and bonnet though?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I heard stock 302's block are breaking around the crank jornels in the US on stock car racing..

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Yes That is there weak link esp when stroked.There are better blocks to use Ford recomends 500 hp max for the std 5Ltr block[I think]But they drive the crapp out of them.Check out webing between 5Ltr and 5.8 that where the extra weight is.Nitrous/Blowers too doesn't help.Some classes they are allowed to run one power adder and do they give it some.900 to 1200 h.p.We wonder why?Street use ok though then some!check out www.dssracing.com and weep!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts