Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I run it a bump in the road, I'm beginning to get this subtle vibration, that sometimes goes away when I runover another bump, or slow to 10 mph. Any ideas...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Along with the 250k miles, the wheels have been upgraded from 16in to 18in, and tires from 265 AT to 33 MT

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
Look for front end wear. Start with shocks, tie rod ends, and bushings. However, I would expect some vibration after hitting a bump in any truck. My 2020 4X4 F 250 Lariet has less than 100 miles on the odo and it vibrated when I crossed the RR tracks this morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I run it a bump in the road, I'm beginning to get this subtle vibration, that sometimes goes away when I runover another bump, or slow to 10 mph. Any ideas...
I believe that there is an issue with the hubs for the four wheel drive. I'm going to chance from an auto locking to a manual lock, and from what I've learn, should correct abby issues. I'll update after some time with the new hubs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been about a week and changing the hubs did not correct the issue

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
Hubs would not normally cause vibration only when you hit a bump. Have you checked the other items mentioned for wear? With 250,000 miles, normal wear IS present and will cause the slight vibration you mentioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was leaning towards transfer case or brake system. As I slow to 15, I can hear a metallic click as if something is disengaging or falling back into place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts