Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if anyone has put a sub in a EL Falcon (Futura!) that is fitted with a gas tank (about 70 litres)...I know that I can put an enclosure in the boot but I already have enough space taken up in there with the gas tank :(...(I've got a feeling its possible, but on a low-ish budget :rolleyes: )
Is it possible to put it in the back of one the rear seats???

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Hi mate just a Q have you looked at the metal framework under the rear parcel shelf? Im not sure with your model but with my ED i already had a "factory" hole there for a sub!! check it out maybe lucky
Cheers
Brett;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, EL Falcons have the the hole in the parcel shelf for a sub, but with the gas tank in boot there isn't enough room (I was very lucky getting Pioneer 16cm speakers in the shelf- just a 3mm gap between bottom of speaker and tank!!!)

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
sub in EL with gas

Hey dude just put a decent size sub and amp in the boot the gas tank wont stop the bass!!Leave the 8in sub hole in the parcel shelf open and just put a speaker grill over it......you'll hear bass!

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
i think Pioneer made a sub a few years back that fitted inside the spare wheel.
How many subs do you want?
Get custom boxes that sit in the sides and face each other.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only want one sub (and one amp). I have seen those spare wheel subs but their power output seems pretty dismal...does anyone have one (or have seen one) and can tell me what they're like...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

My old EA was dual fuel...

I had a pair of 6*9's in the parcel shelf (with a 1" spacer) and a box with 2 * 12" subs with the amp bolted to the box next to the gas tank. Basically I had no boot after that.

I couldnt get a sub in the parcel shelf as the one I wanted would have needed a 3" spacer (double magnet sub) and it would have looked pretty s#*t.

Jaycar have a relativly cheap 12" sub in a box that might fit between the seats and the tank (its only a small narrow box designed to sit behind the seats in utes) and you can always put the amp under one of the front seats.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Have you thought about modifying your fold down armrest in the middle of the back seat to fit a small sub? As Kelli says, stick your amp under the seat.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
BOSTON

Best speakers and subs are the Bostons Acoustics FX range and the JL Subwoofers at 12 ohm;)
Dont knock them till you hear them!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts