Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Ford Us could import some of our Falcon range from Australia. A four door sedan that handles has a high build quality and gets to 100kmh/60 mph around the 6 second mark. Take in the weak Australian dollars and the price should come out ok as well. If we can change the mustang to rhd I think we could get the falcon converted to lhd.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
The big difference between the Mondeo and the Falcon is that the Mondeo sucks arse (not the new one though. I plan to drive one in England in August...), while the Falcon can be bought in either IL6 or V8 version. And the 8's kick serious arse... :evil:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't get over the different buyer demographic in different countries. What sells in the Us doesn't necessary mean it will sell anywhere else. You would think a great car would sell everywhere but sometimes it just ain't so

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
That's right, look at the Taurus. It blew down under but it's a top ten seller in the U.S.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
No, not at all. It's just differant taste for differant people. I think some of it to has too do with emission laws and gas prices.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Stacy94PGT said:
That's right, look at the Taurus. It blew down under but it's a top ten seller in the U.S.
It may be in the top 10 sellers in the states but I dont think Ford make anything on each sale.

I agree that considering the current exchange rates our current AU falcon would kick serious ass:mmm: the only problem I can see is the yanks wouldnt appreciate being out-done by Ford down under (better handling, brakes, ride, NVH, fuel economy etc etc etc) or maybe still the memory of the crappy (oops I mean capri )
I heard somewhere recently that a Falcon AUII XR8 made it to the States (not sure exactly where) a little while back and the Police Highway Patrol:?: test drove it and were absolutely stoked (loved it)

Ford Aus (should) Rule :thumbup:

:thumbup: :damack: :thumbup:

·
V8 GT Capri Member
38 Posts
I think the styling of the taurus is what made for average sales in Australia,even though the car was a good vehicle.The shape was different to anything else in Australia at the time,and it was front wheel drive.I think the falcon would do well,if they were sold at the right price,which could be cheap with the condition of the aussie dollar.The mustang at the moment in australia is selling at 80 000-90 000,plus, and the limited RA version at 148 000 dollars, which to me is too expensive for a car which is desireable. Hopefully the next model falcon gets the triton 5.4 or modular 4.6 in the performance models,and is sold at a reasonable price being 40 000 - 50 000, :mmm:

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
triptonic?

i thought the taurus wasn't that bad, and the ST24 mondeo was good too, the chassis was meant to be one of the best going around (im pretty one eyed though), i guess us aussie's are a pretty conservative bunch

with all the upgrades to the XR8, it seems that the XR6 is getting left behind. I reakon a triptonic gearbox would be cool in both, but i reakon the XR6 should have it.

Also, what do ya reakon about super.turbo cahrging the XR6 and make a limited amount. I reakon it would be awesome!

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
42 Posts
HOW ABOUT A ..................

2003 CROWN VIC POLICE PACKAGE WITH A V-12 AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE W/ 275 45 ZR18'S ; TILL THEN I WILL BE SLEEPING PEACEFULLY!

P.S.-> BE VERY VERY QUIET K9 IS ON PATROL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
K9SRT_P71
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing