Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I didnt know where to put this so i guess one of the moderators will move it if not correct

I though maybe we could get a Computer Help Forum or something like that because i know the people on here are really on to it with this sort of stuff so i come here first, hehe. I also thought a Spell Check feature if its not too hard because i am a bad speller when i type because of my fat fingers so if i could run a Spell check at the end of the post would be really cool.

Thanks Guys & Gals

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Hey, I didnt know where to put this so i guess one of the moderators will move it if not correct

I though maybe we could get a Computer Help Forum or something like that because i know the people on here are really on to it with this sort of stuff so i come here first, hehe. I also thought a Spell Check feature if its not too hard because i am a bad speller when i type because of my fat fingers so if i could run a Spell check at the end of the post would be really cool.

Thanks Guys & Gals
The computer help forum was discussed in the past and was decided that it would be best to just keep such requests for computer help in the Asylum. We do not see enough computer help requests to warrant such a move.

Speel Cheek wud be guud, buts it is not a fre opshun. Most evry place know chargs fer others to use this feature in a live enveronmint such as a website.

Seriously it was looked into and the costs are too high to allow us to run such a feature. There are free based ones, but require popups and other crap that you should not be subjected to.

I am however working on a solution that will use the several modules in the *nix environment that will allow us to have something that is a simple version. Mind you it will take some coding to get it to auto correct and refill in the post with the correct terms and spelling, but it is something that I have been working on.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
About the spelling checker, recently I have found out about IESpell. It works as an Internet Explorer extension and lets you check the content of text boxes in web pages. Perfect for forum use. The interface is very similar to the spell checkers in Microsoft products so it should be familiar to most.

It's 2.44 MB and can be downloaded from http://www.iespell.com.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
something a little off topic but it is a suggestion

in the cruises sections have like a poll thing set up at the top of the screen but instead of polls have it a list of the people who will be attending the cruise

and have it updatable so you can keep an eye on it

and also so people can click on it like they would be voting for a poll but it actually puts their name up on the attendees list

good idea?

·
Discussion Starter #6
LunaticSVT said:
The computer help forum was discussed in the past and was decided that it would be best to just keep such requests for computer help in the Asylum. We do not see enough computer help requests to warrant such a move.

Speel Cheek wud be guud, buts it is not a fre opshun. Most evry place know chargs fer others to use this feature in a live enveronmint such as a website.

Seriously it was looked into and the costs are too high to allow us to run such a feature. There are free based ones, but require popups and other crap that you should not be subjected to.

I am however working on a solution that will use the several modules in the *nix environment that will allow us to have something that is a simple version. Mind you it will take some coding to get it to auto correct and refill in the post with the correct terms and spelling, but it is something that I have been working on.
Thanks Lunatic, also thanks to 3toed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts