Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading down for this event??? Myself and HOHOHO will be there (same as last year and year before), driving from Brissie with some friends either in an XD Phase 5 or whatever we can come up with before Jan 1st. Would be good to meet some of you people, especially the old BON crew.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
I'll be there, working in scrutineering. Don't worry about the possibility of missing me as I am there from 6am till closing. (so you have no excuse for not saying hello ;) )

Ask for Felicity.

:cool:

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

I have entered my baby - so keep an eye out for me too!!

Flic - where you working there last time? I remeber talking to a scruiteneer lady with blonde hair when I was just about to do the flag grab.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
XR8chic said:
Hi,

I have entered my baby - so keep an eye out for me too!!

Flic - where you working there last time? I remeber talking to a scruiteneer lady with blonde hair when I was just about to do the flag grab.
No, I am the supervisor in the scrutineering in the shed at the racecourse from Tuesday till Saturday mid morning when it closes. Then I go out and spend time inhaling all those beautiful fumes. *ahhhh* :D

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Ahh... Cool!!!

I guess I will see you on the wednesday morning then.;) ;)

Hey - I dont suppose you will be able to "supervise" a few extra entrant T'Shirts for me would you... hehehe

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
XR8chic said:
Ahh... Cool!!!

I guess I will see you on the wednesday morning then.;) ;)

Hey - I dont suppose you will be able to "supervise" a few extra entrant T'Shirts for me would you... hehehe
Wednesday it is! As for the extra t-shirts, unfortunately they are ordered directly off the entry forms with a few extras for late entrants. Some of the people who enter at the event do so on the condition that an entrant's t-shirt isn't part of the deal. Every year I have a heap of offers from people who want to buy my (used!!) t-shirts off me at the end of the event because they missed out.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I would like to go too ... but the way the car is going it probably wont be finished ....... broke a bolt putting the clutch on ... all of 20ft/lbs sheared it :( :(
gotta wait till tomorrow to get new bolts.. and a helper too

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
AND FIRST PRIZE FOR MOST TORQUE GOES TO.......(drum roll)

XA COUPE!

(Most torque applied to a bolt whilst under the influence of alcohole):D

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discovery said:

Wednesday it is! As for the extra t-shirts, unfortunately they are ordered directly off the entry forms with a few extras for late entrants. Some of the people who enter at the event do so on the condition that an entrant's t-shirt isn't part of the deal. Every year I have a heap of offers from people who want to buy my (used!!) t-shirts off me at the end of the event because they missed out.

Hmmm - no one has ever offered me money for my T-Shirts. We have had the entrant stickers stolen off the car when it was at the hotel, and also had someone steal a silver pass from around my ex's neck...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'll be there with the GF. Looking only though:( . Might be an entrant next year, in aHolden .

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
I was out taking photo's last night (of the 3.3L 5cyl EB) chatting to a few .

Somehow we ended up talking about summernats. One of the guys said he had never been, but really wanted to go next time, but as he can only go down for 1 day - he wanted to know which day would be the best.

I said something along the lines of Saturday - cos of the supercruise, fireworks, and cos ALL the cars are out.

One of the other guys goes "Oh - are there cars at summernats??"

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
XA coupe said:

whats that word ?? can't quite read it ??:D :D :D :D :D :D
Mate I wanted smaller font! Yeah the GF is talking about a full rebuild of her car awith the view for the 'nats. If everything goes to plan I'll beat her with a soundoff car, still no Ford though.:(

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'll be there, as a spectator. The Summernats organisers are cutting right down on hooligans this year with NO BYO ALCOHOL allowed.:BW: Cars will be searched. They will even be sussing out normal bottles of Coke etc to make sure people aren't bringing pre-mixed Bourbon etc. You will still be able to buy grog inside EPIC, at their inflated prices of course. :angry:

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Falchoon said:
I'll be there, as a spectator. The Summernats organisers are cutting right down on hooligans this year with NO BYO ALCOHOL allowed.:BW: Cars will be searched. They will even be sussing out normal bottles of Coke etc to make sure people aren't bringing pre-mixed Bourbon etc. You will still be able to buy grog inside EPIC, at their inflated prices of course. :angry:
They are also making it a lot harder for people to enter there car into the NATS to... There was a list of 10 requirements to get in... my car only just scraped in.

It went something like this.....

1. Aftermarket body kit (proof of brand required)
2. Extractors and Exhaust System
3. Larger diameter mag wheels
4. Performance chip or aftermarket computer
5. Stereo system
6. Gauges - eg monster tacho
7. Interior mods (sports seats, steering wheel etc etc)
8. Engine modifications
9. Clean, straight car (no dents, no undercoat etc etc)
10. Brake and Suspension modifications.

One of the guys in the club has been an entrant for a couple of times, he won 2nd place in the motorchana last year - he is not eligable to enter this year
:BW:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Yeh, there's been far too many sh*tboxes allowed in, basicaly mum or dad's cars with a set of mags . Problem with some of the scruitineering people (not you Felicity I'm sure) they let any old POS through the gate. It's harder now with more later model cars like XR8s and SS/HSV to know what to let in and what to keep out. From a distance Kel, your XR8 looks pretty similar to the other 10,000 cruising around, not until you get close and see the big wheels and engine mods do you see that it qualifies.:rcool:
I remember one year a guy had a Datto 1600 with baby sh*t Brown/Orange paint with a worked up 4cyl with a couple of Webers hanging off it and he nearly won the burnout comp!:wtf2: There would of been a riot in the V8 camp if they had given it to him, but it revved it's little ring out and made masses of smoke from go to whoa. The paint on it looked factory original (ie. 20yo)and it had sh*tty 5 spoke mags. IMO it shouldn't of been there.
There needs to be more style and individualism with the cars at the Summernats. Like the Expression Session featured in Street Machine Magazine. Everbody is doing up mainstream cars like Monaros and GT Falcons,Toranas and Clubsport etc, very few people get into the oddball and true custom cars.

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about the guy in the EB Falc who opened the burnouts last year. He went for ever! Some of those "sleeper" vehicles are good too guys-i think u know what i mean by that. Not crap mechanically or holes in the body (cept the bonnet maybe ;)), but a bit of faded paint would always be offset by a 600+hp motor if u ask me.

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Best way to get more individual type cars-build one yourself! Unfortunately the cost of doing this prohibits most people from doing it. Unless you have lotsa $$ or mates in the industry it can be very hard to get things done. I think people who put in the effort and make the nats deserve to be applauded, not hacked at by everyone for not being good enough (and no i haven't entered a ****box car yet-haven't even been an entrant).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts