Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FPV - TC NSW Promotions
398 Posts
The club won't be having any kind of dispaly at Summernats.... can't really be done down there and i dont think there would be a lot of people keen to put their cars on show with the amount of idiots down there anyway...
What you probably heard was the singleton street machine show which was on the 13th and 14th of this month, it was an event very similar to summernats, a kind of "mini summernats"..
there still will probably be quite a few guys going down for the summernats and may want to all meet up or something there, but no club events planned for it..

Ben...

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was at the last ACT branch meeting for the year, earlier this month. Sean mentioned it and I'm pretty sure it was about our Summernats here.

·
FPV & XR Club Owners ACT
463 Posts
from what I remember it was talked about, but they wern't able to secure a club display, which meant every one that wanted to show in the club display had to enter there car in the nats..So Im pretty sure its not going ahead,

·
ACT Promotions & Events
39 Posts
Yes we did have a display setup at the nats & we were able to secure a club display area, the problem is that we had to pay the full 3 day entry fee. So we were waiting to see how much interest we could get - Shaun is the person to speak to!!! [email protected]

·
Go-Fast Geek
351 Posts
No, you can still enter. However, the entry price jumps considerably this close to the event.

I am wondering though, is there a reason why the members of this club should be treated differently to any other car club? The members of each club that displays thier vehicles has paid entry to be there. The fact that they may park together, and in turn put thier club in the running for an award, is incidental.

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
At this stage i think that i am the only one from ACT that is entered, Vic i do appologise for not getting back to you i have been quite busy over the break.
As far as a club display go's at the nats not at this stage due to lack of interest, however if there is a late influx of club entrants i will put one on, let me know.
Vic have you got your car entered? Give me a call 0419 487 921

cheers

Hoops

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Entered and camping.

So there isn't any kind of Ford Forums get together at the event?

Wouldn't mind sinking a few with some of the peoples from here :)

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Cool Bananas :D

If I'm in the car cruisin its a grey XE with 'SEPTOR' plates.

If I'm not in the car, I'll be the drunk, tall, ugly, guy wearing blue and yellow plats and pink sunnies as per usual :p

See yous there

·
JOHNSXR6
150 Posts
I will be there if all goes to plan, NSW FPV-TICKFORD NEWCASTLE BRANCH sticker on back window, EF XR6 GT wing, B45 simmons full kit, camping and cruising, not looking foreward to Canberra's heat though!
But you are garenteed to have a ball anyone that hasnt been to the nats, for family's with kids, get there for Saterday and Saterday night for the most wicked fire works show sponsered by PPG, and concert, and whatever show they put on that night, the stunt bikes are awsome, jet car blowing apart bongo van ect, its an awsome night to say the least, dont forget the wet t shirt comp, and miss summernats, if you havnt seen enough nakid tits through the day! You only got to yell out show us your tits (LOL)

·
www.fpvxrclubact.com
586 Posts
Ill keep am eye out for you John. i will also have a club sticker on the front and back window (ACT Branch though)
Dont forget about the strippers on Saturday night, its worth a look.
But seriously it is a great weekend and the nats is what you make of it dont believe all the sh#t you hear and you only attract idiots if you are being one.

·
JOHNSXR6
150 Posts
Well what a week at the nats, had a ball to say the least, seen Kelly from Sydney when we were washing our cars, (f.....N Dusty place!), she was entering in the Dyno, and was hoping for over 250 at the wheels from her moded EB XR8, dont know how she went though, i have lost over 3 layers from my nose from sunburn, and the Nats was packed to the max.
Anyone see the EX ambulance decked out with sound equipment? F...N awsome!
I have still got a Tatoo the girl was puting on everyone, when she bends down to stick the Tat on my arm, them lovely TITS pop out and say G,DAY, so all i got to do now is look at the tat and them boobies come to mind.
Seen a few of the guys from Newcastle doing the walk whilst I was cruising, but didnt see any act branch sticker anywere.
The ozemail Falcon was there strutting the Ford Touring car theme around the place.
There was a few BA GTs doing the bizz, heeps of XR8s and shite loads of fords with big grunt everywere.
It was an awsome turn out, and what a ball!
Im going to do a cruise car with the roof chopped of for next year for sure.
EB with a V8 straight through exhaust and lumpy cam keeps the crowd happy if its lumpy you see!
Get a few sponsors to help out and ya laughing!

Reg from Johnsxr6

·
Banned
110 Posts
I was down there on sat. Saw your cruizin Hoops too..

Might have some photos' to upload later.... Great day. Hopefully Illo get enough time off fromwork to camp next year...Although with a new bub, might be a bit hard :/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts