Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is all the information you need for the CAPOC summit (BAPOC summit #25). This is a meeting of all Probe owners throughout the state of California.

Date: SATURDAY, August 18, 2001.

Agenda for the Day:

• 11:00 - 11:30 A.M. -- Meet at the Monterey Bay Acquarium
  • 1:30 - 2:00 P.M. -- Drive on Hwy 1 to 17-Mile Drive
  • 2:30 - 3:45 P.M. -- 17-mile Drive and photo-shoot opportunities
  • 4:00 - 4:30 P.M. -- Drive to our reserved Restaurant for an early dinner
  • 5:00 - 6:30 P.M. -- Dinner and chat
  • 7:00 - 8:00 P.M. -- Scenic/fun Drive on Hwy 1 to Point Sur
  • 8:30 - on -- Teary-eyed good-byes and departing

COST
  1. Acquarium -- $15.95 adult, $13.95 with a college I.D.
  2. 17-Mile Drive -- $8.00 per car.
  3. Restaurant -- $10.00 to $30.00 per person depending on orders. See menu on the URL below.
  4. TOTAL - $33.95 to $53.95 per adult - plan accordingly.

If you should require further information on any of our destinations, please use the links below:

CARAVAN INFORMATION

EVEREYONE will meet at the Acquarium between 11 and 11:30 AM on saturday morning. If you would like to drive directly to the acquarium (or miss the caravan rendez-vous) and don't need any caravan info, please use this link to find the place:
http://www.mbayaq.org/vi/vi_aquarium/vi_aq_maps.asp#driving

Here are caravan directions for the 3 clubs:

BAPOC Meeting Point:

Starbucks in Milpitas between 8:30 am - 9:00 am DON'T BE LATE PLEASE - caravan will leave at 9:00 promptly.

Directions and a Map to Starbucks can be found through Yahoo Maps at:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&addr=127+Ranch+Dr&csz=Milpitas

Email Sean at [email protected] if you need more info on how to get there, but the directions are very easy. I don't think there will be a North Bay meeting point because of the time constraints. Just go to the Starbucks :)

SacProbes Meeting Point:

We'll meet at our regular UNOCAL 76 gas station off Watt Avenue and Fair Oaks Blvd between 6:15 and 6:30 am - waah, waah, stop crying and be there :) - I'll call those of you who are local and wake you up if need be...hehehe. Let me know if any Sacramento peeps need help getting to the 76 gas station. [email protected]

SCPOC Driving Directions:

From Hwy. 1 South
From the South, you have two choices:
1. Look for the Monterey Bay Aquarium sign and exit Hwy. 1 at Munras Ave. Follow the brown directional signs to Cannery Row parking and the aquarium. Follow the brown directional signs to Cannery Row parking and the aquarium.
2. Exit Hwy 1 at Hwy 68 West/Pacific Grove. Continue 4 miles to David Ave, then turn right and follow David Ave to the end. You'll see the aquarium and signs for parking on Cannery Row.

Ok, let me recap....I've got the agenda, URL to the attractions, cost, directions, time schedule....I think that's about it :)

post here if you need anything else answered.

·
POC Mod/Probe GT Member
84 Posts
Summit #25 - CAPOC meet in Monterey - PROBES IN THE FOG

Attention all members: I know that I didn't post this info, but Dan and I wanted to get this out ASAP. Until this weekend I still don't have my home computer finished(actually it's built, but no software loaded yet). This is an Official Annual Summit for BAPOC, SACPOC, and SCPOC. We will {b]not{/b] be able to camp/party because of the area being booked solid for this month. We have a schedule planned with a pretty tight agenda. There are many planned pic sites (including one on the 17 mile drive virtually on the beach with rocks and crashing waves). Please plan on attending since we will all being talking about this Summit for years to come and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

I now that money is tight for most of you (as it is for me right now), but could everyone please purchase at least one FRS radio for yourself. Returning it on Sunday is acceptable. These radio's are very valueable when driving in caravan. Wal-Mart has a nice pack of two for only $40.

Thank you Dan for organizing and planning this years annual meet. I know I helped some, but your the one that put it together.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
sean, i would make having frs radios a mandatory thing. :)

they've helped us out immensely, so much that stacey and i have 5 of these things between us.

props to you guys for hosting the meet this year, again. it was great seeing everyone and getting to meet some new faces.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Yes, definitely. I really could have used one Sat. If for nothing else than you guys would have noticed the goofball messing with a radio in front of the aquarium & said something.

I wonder how long I stared at some of you without knowing who was a prober & who was not....

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
you know, just the thought of you standing there looking for guys you've never seen, would have been worth the trip. ;)

:p

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
the trip was well worth it. i am glad to have gone up and met you guys. i believe i made the longest drive out of the entire CAPOC group (from San Diego) but i enjoyed the whole trip. There is no excuse why BAPOC or SACPOC will not be able to make it next year to SoCal.

Even though my Probe was not able to make the long trip, i still went up in my WRX and represented for the TEAM. If i didn't have a second car, i would've tried my best to hop a ride.

See ya soon.

BTW, here's a pic of my ProbeGT.
Jorge's 95PGT :cool:

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Yeah, but you at least got to drive with them for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts