Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here tis my "beast" 78XC sundowner....original except for a toyota gearbox and alloyheadII grafted on with ultraflow manifold and 2v weber....also added kit from ltd's such as 5 way varible wipers ,remote central locking....nolathene all the way and gabriels tighten the battleship up....sorry for the bad piccy..also has the quad lights and scoops......gxl fairmont interior.....if anyones interested in more pics or info say the word.....chops

Attachments

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
EL-Phat, i would say that its a 250 Xflow if hes got an AlloyheadII on it ;)

Nice looking Panel Van, you dont see many of those around any more.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $1500nz for it and spent another grand getting to spec....hand built the engine using a cast iron 3.3 added alloy hd II etc new fuel pump, electric dizzy, extractors,free flowing exhaust...got the toyota bellhousing and conversion stuff and couldnt afford to get the supra/celica box so had to stuff a toyota four speed in till i'm richer...the 4 speed is f**ked already after 5 months(was out of a corona LOL )the $1500 was for a XF fairmont ghia that i swapped for the rusted hulk that was the sundowner...3 months of welding later (50 kgs lighter from the bog removed).....a daily driver that is very economical and still has a bit of grunt

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
3.3? I forgot about that thing! Don't mind the old shaggin' wagon!;) :cool:

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
3.3 !!

Ohh, i thought i was the only person that had a 3.3 litre engine in the whole world :) Everyone I told about it didnt believe me until i showed them the 3.3L sticker under the bonnet.

I probably killed that motor due to the way I drove it...
It used to blow smoke really bad, and I had to top up the oil about every week towards the end :)

But now that oil blowing pisce of turd has been retired and Ive got a 4.1L.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts