Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"
658 Posts
Why restore that, looks pretty damn smicko to me :)~

Nice ride, and yes tibbo the fattys on the back look mint.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
doesn't look like it needs a resto to me.
I remember the parents of a friend back in *cough*1977*cough* had a lime green superbird...

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Very Nice. The White and Blue was a great colour combination.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
Looks great reminds me of my sisters superbird which she sold to my brother and bought a.........VU commondoor!! Same colour too, polar white and cosmic blue, but her's had gt guards and xb doors.

·
mmm, non - dentable doors
330 Posts
very sexy
*drools*

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Very nice coupe there superbird, 1 of the guys at works dad has an original superbird that is almost finished being restored, and a list of spares to die for (and no he won't sell anything *sobs*)

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The superbird goes in for its back to bare metal respray next Monday. Got all the original decals to go back on, new rubbers etc. expected to take 4-6 weeks.

Will post some progress photos as it happens.

·
Cleveland Powered
728 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished result. The more coupes on the road the better as far as I'm concerned. Ford could have gone bankrupt after the XCs & I'd still be a happy Ford fan :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Body Shop in Canberra. They have a really good rep. The bead blasting saves a heap of time.

Couldnt believe GT Ford Performance had the original superbird and 302 decals.

I agree re coupes - in canberra the only time i see other coupes is Summernats. Even then this year I only saw about half a dozen.

·
gilbiegt351
166 Posts
Nice ride that would be the " sweetest " Superbird that I have ever seeeeeen !!.

Good Luck In the Paint shop I would love to take a look at it after.

Regard`s James.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The coupe came back from bead blasting on Friday, body is pretty good, just some minor rust repairs and a couple of shopping trolley dents here and there.

Need help with something though. The paint should be cosmic blue and polar white (per all the Superbird sales brochures). Problem is that the paint code (3) spits out polar white and apollo blue in the paint code book (being a dual colour code). cosmic blue by itself is 8.

any ideas how this could be?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts