Ford Forums banner

Superbird II

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  superbird302 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of the beast, took me a while to work out how you upload em!!!

See less See more
#8 ·
Very Nice. The White and Blue was a great colour combination.

#10 · (Edited)
Looks great reminds me of my sisters superbird which she sold to my brother and bought a.........VU commondoor!! Same colour too, polar white and cosmic blue, but her's had gt guards and xb doors.

#13 ·
#18 ·
The Body Shop in Canberra. They have a really good rep. The bead blasting saves a heap of time.

Couldnt believe GT Ford Performance had the original superbird and 302 decals.

I agree re coupes - in canberra the only time i see other coupes is Summernats. Even then this year I only saw about half a dozen.

#20 ·
The coupe came back from bead blasting on Friday, body is pretty good, just some minor rust repairs and a couple of shopping trolley dents here and there.

Need help with something though. The paint should be cosmic blue and polar white (per all the Superbird sales brochures). Problem is that the paint code (3) spits out polar white and apollo blue in the paint code book (being a dual colour code). cosmic blue by itself is 8.

any ideas how this could be?

#22 ·
Paint Paint Paint, Colour code , model , name AAAAARRRRRRh !

Bin there dun that on XC coupe, goddam hard to get good advice.

As you are in the ACT give the gyes/galls a call at Capital Paints A call they are Very Good.

Shop : 6280 7313
or Call Dean on : 0412 428 558

Regard`s James

PS : progress pic`s man how about it ?

#26 ·
guys

my superbird resto is nearly done, the car is about two weeks away from coming out of the spray booth. will post the pics asap when its done.

quick question - mechanically its smick (as its only done 67,000m) but its got the stock single system. im really keen for a nice twin system with growly lukey mufflers. but probably like the goss's, its only meant to be a single system stock.

what do you guys reckon, would a dual system detract from its originallity too much? like the wheels it would be easy to return to stock (ive got the original wheels too)

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.