Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the latest Street Machine (march) thats my bird on page 44...pics turned out pretty good. The guy who wrote the article Graham Smith was a good guy, likes his fords (owns a xwgtho phase 2)

·
Southern Coupe
215 Posts
Still waiting for it to be released here mate - looking forward to it though.

Did they give it much of a spread?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CJR09 said:
Still waiting for it to be released here mate - looking forward to it though.

Did they give it much of a spread?
4 pages which is pretty good. Section on the history of the superbird too which was good. Couple of small technical errors eg they said the birds had white wheels and that the motor show coupe was based on a 500 but overall pretty accurate

·
Registered
97 Posts
nice article, was the first page i turned to. car looks perfect in the photos, they have done a great job. IMO it should be on the poster instead of that one tonner, but i may be biased..

oh, pics for those that have not seen, sorry bout quality.

·
Southern Coupe
215 Posts
73gscoupe said:
nice article, was the first page i turned to. car looks perfect in the photos, they have done a great job. IMO it should be on the poster instead of that one tonner, but i may be biased..

oh, pics for those that have not seen, sorry bout quality.

Nup - not biased - shes looking damn good Ian :hy:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Whats the go with Superbirds? When they were new, i remember seeing two Superbird/GT Coupes. A yellow one and a silver one. They were both GT's and had the full length bird running down the full length of the car, not the smaller foot long ones. What gives?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Racer said:
Whats the go with Superbirds? When they were new, i remember seeing two Superbird/GT Coupes. A yellow one and a silver one. They were both GT's and had the full length bird running down the full length of the car, not the smaller foot long ones. What gives?
The silver one could have been the motor show coupe (that started it all). it was a gt with a full length bird. Apparently there were quite a few full length birds done on all all sorts of coupes in the 70's, someone must of been selling the transfers. The limited run of 700 all had the smaller birds.

See link below for good pic of motorshow bird

http://www.fomoco.com.au/SUPERBIRD.html

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
i can remember a white coupe with a full length bird in dark blue and blue painted along the bottom of doors and over wheel archs and a lime green coupe with the full lenght bird in a darker green with the paint outs done in the same darker green.

these cars used to get around the area where i grew up ( central NSW )
would not know if they were 500s GTs or what.
i just remember that they stood out from the rest of the cars around with the big bird on the side, :hy:

sorry mate ,
ment to say congrats on the magazine spread, great looking car, i haven`t had a chance to sit down and read it yet but when i flicked through it certainly caught my eye . :goodjob:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey well done i just finished reading the article.Just a question though,is the alternator on the left side like that from original????

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gregaust said:
Hey well done i just finished reading the article.Just a question though,is the alternator on the left side like that from original????
nicely picked up. when we were fitting the engine after the rebuild played around with the bracket and fitted it on the other side. heaps more room that way (no ps or aircon on the bird)

·
Registered
274 Posts
351cid said:
i can remember a white coupe with a full length bird in dark blue and blue painted along the bottom of doors and over wheel archs and a lime green coupe with the full lenght bird in a darker green with the paint outs done in the same darker green.
like this ?

superbird302 said:
Check out the latest Street Machine (march) thats my bird on page 44...pics turned out pretty good. The guy who wrote the article Graham Smith was a good guy, likes his fords (owns a xwgtho phase 2)
Mate... is ther any chance you can get me a
HIGH RESOLUTION digital pic of that Foot long Bird ?????

We need a smaller version laser cut for an XA we are working on

Photoshopped pic

Rust repairs

BTW sorry for the highjack... CAR LOOKS AWESOME!!!

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
EFGTHO said:
like this ?
that is just like the one i remember seeing . :hy:
would have been in the mid to late `70, maybe early `80s. it was from Mudgee, NSW . used to often see it when we went to town.

·
PHAT COUPES
896 Posts
EFGTHO Love both the stripes bonnet and side but think the bird is out of place being where it is .
I have always been a lover of both those stripes .Just a suggestion maybe try the bird under the mirror under the stripe or in the stripe .Photo shop both a repost as I think it would look hot and would love to see what it would look like .
Good to see some new thoughts on a old idea

·
Registered
118 Posts
ive been neeeding to vent this for years

back around 17 yrs ago ( i know it was this long because my first born was still being incubated) I was doing a xy gt replica like every one did who was a ford lover at the time. I used 4 cars to makew this one car, one being eeewwwww, its even hard to say it a genuine numbers matching xa superbird.

At the time these cars were known as ugly and nobody liked them, it did have a fiar bit of rust in it but other than that was in good nick. oh welll I have made my confession and i hope that you will all forgive me so that i can get on with my life :BW: :BW: :BW:

·
Registered
274 Posts
superbird302 said:
mate detailed shot of the bird will be coming your way this evening
Many thanks!

tony xa said:
Just a suggestion maybe try the bird under the mirror under the stripe or in the stripe .Photo shop both a repost as I think it would look hot and would love to see what it would look like .
Have tried the bird in a few places .... waiting on the Hi - Res pic from superbird302 so its easier on the eyes with Photoshopped pic
will do a version you've suggested too... Thanks

Chartoo said:
What colour green is that your gonna use on the xa EFGTHO?
Not sure... its a work mates car...
I think its going to be a Gold Base with Candy Apple Green or something

See details here
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?p=1227525#post1227525

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
compact said:

back around 17 yrs ago ( i know it was this long because my first born was still being incubated) I was doing a xy gt replica like every one did who was a ford lover at the time. I used 4 cars to makew this one car, one being eeewwwww, its even hard to say it a genuine numbers matching xa superbird.

At the time these cars were known as ugly and nobody liked them, it did have a fiar bit of rust in it but other than that was in good nick. oh welll I have made my confession and i hope that you will all forgive me so that i can get on with my life :BW: :BW: :BW:
Hey mate too bad about the bird but thats the way it was back then. Hey its a long shot but you wouldnt have the chassis numbers specs etc (trans trim paint)? We are keeping a register of birds alive and dead (have about 14 so far out of the 700)

·
Registered
14 Posts
compact said:

Sorry........ You're going to hell!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts