Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently restoring a 73 XA superbird coupe, 67000 miles, 4speed in polar white with cosmic blue highlights.

any other superbird owners out there, or do you know of someone who owns one? only 750 where made and they are pretty rare

cheers

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Nice. Don't forget to post pictures!

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Great article, about the only early Falcon one I don't have!

·
Registered
116 Posts
FANTASTIC to hear of another coupe being restored and living on, there are too few nice examples of these cars around. Call me biased, but I reckon FORD really created something special with the 2 door falcon.
Would love to hear some details about her and photos would be great.

·
Registered
206 Posts
not far from where i live, there is a genuine, original xb superbird ute. yes, they did make acouple of them, as well as panelvans. this ute is straight-as, no dents, no rust, all original gt/gs parts fitted etc etc., but is covered in about three feet of dust. its owned by an old italian couple, and theres no way they'll part with it. i knocked on the door once,and in the time it took them to get to they dor, i could have had it on a trailer and on my way home!!.
i also have in my goodies collection, two genuine ford xa superbird decals, the ones you have on your rear quarters. i paid $5 each for them at a closing down sale at a country ford dealers.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I've never heard of an xb superbird..let alone a superbird ute or panelvan!

There based on the falcon 500 bodyshell and were all 1973 models the last of the XA's

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would be a pretty cool car though - superbird ute!! Im getting mine resprayed next month, they are bead blasting it and repainting it 100% original. The current paint is a little bit down, and i want to keep it forever. I want it 100% perfect. The interior is perfect.

I got the superbird and 302 decals for the respray from GT Ford Performance in Melbourne.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah, mines wrapped upin the shed now till i buy a house :( but thats later this year so its not too far away.and the mrs knows i'll be throwing a whole lot of money at it. i have her full approval...woohoo! hehehe

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I saw an xa "superbird" ute for sale in one of the books a few months ago, they claimed it was an original.?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts