Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
want to get some opinions on value and also if anyone is interested

please no posts of "if i had the money i would buy it!" doesnt really help anyone :fraz:

and also i know some are saying it would be easier to sell if i pull her apart but i want to avoid it if i can

1998 Ford Falcon AU1 Futura

Sedan
78,500kms
Silver

Standard -
Auto
Cruise Control
Front power windows

(also has 2,300kg Hayman Reece towbar fitted if your willing to cut a dirty great big hole in the rear bumper)

Modifications -

Exterior -
Full TS50 bodykit (including front bar, rear bar, side skirts, rear wing)
17" AU2 XR rims with Falken rubber
Au2 Bonnet
Au2 tail lights
Headlights with blacked out treatment
Clear side indicators
Window tint
Custom painted engine bay

Interior -
Fully custom painted dash, centre console and door trims
T series style (auto ESS buttons - not hooked up to anything atm) Grey/black MOMO steering wheel
Tickford instrument cluster
BA auto shifter
Sony single CD player
BA scuff plates with custom inserts
Chrome door handles

Mechanical -
CAPA 9psi Powerdyne supercharger (including injectors, fuel pressure reg, water injection unit, oil catch can etc.)
EMS Stinger programmable ECU
Hurricane Extractors with hi-flow cat, 3" exhaust and dual 3" tips
King Spring Superlows all round
Koni 82 series red shock absorbers all round
Selby 30mm front swaybar
Switchable 2 stage electronic shift kit

made 203rwkw on last dyno run

pictures attached -

http://www.falkeen.com/interior.htm

http://www.falkeen.com/scuffplateblown.htm

http://www.falkeen.com/a7.htm

http://www.falkeen.com/a4.htm

http://www.falkeen.com/a8.htm

Attachments

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I would expect to pay between 20-23k.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeh i would agree with the 22k area. considering all your extras it probly owes u heaps but still its only a futura... good luck dude

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
sweet car mate, just wondering why you're selling it not long after getting the blower put on?
Also i will be after a new car soon so i may be interested, pricewise i'd be thining around the 20 - 21 grand mark. Cheers.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
I never thought that you would sell this car.

It's in such good nick, I thought you'd keep it for years.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blower has been on it for about 8 months now

im selling her up as i need a ute :fraz:

Jamie XR6 said:
I never thought that you would sell this car.

It's in such good nick, I thought you'd keep it for years.

bit like your old XR6 aye jamie?!? haha

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
FalKeen said:
bit like your old XR6 aye jamie?!? haha
LOL Fair enough

You got me there!

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
I'm not sure how this works. I thought a blower or supercharger is a big unit that sticks out of the bonnet with twin carbs and butterflys. Same as my Avatar. I know that applies to V8's, so being a six, is it under the bonet. I've seen toranas with blowers on one side of the engine, meaning its a supercharged 6. So is yours classed as blower, or its turbo charged? I'm curious.

I guess technology has come a long way, so nothing suprises me.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mate the blower/supercharger like in your avatar is petty much used on older style cars & i think they are illegal for street use. The underbonnet blower/supercharger is about all you will find on todays cars being 4, 6 or 8 cyl cars because other people cant see them & they are an easy way to make a lot of power.

Nathan

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
the other guy on here ( cant remember the name ) is selling his blue AU with havoc kit and supercharger for 23k. you should be able to ask more for yours (unless he is asking too much) because yours has the T series kit...and has more work done inside etc etc....

however i think his is series 2....so maybe the 23k is a good price

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
madwob said:
the other guy on here ( cant remember the name ) is selling his blue AU with havoc kit and supercharger for 23k. you should be able to ask more for yours (unless he is asking too much) because yours has the T series kit...and has more work done inside etc etc....

however i think his is series 2....so maybe the 23k is a good price
off memory though, without checking, it has only done 30,000ish kms, has leather, and 18s.

although I would have thought between 23000 and 25000 personlly... but you know what id do with it, but obviously you dont want to, fair enough.

someone is going to be a very lucky person...

·
4,562 Posts
younggun said:
off memory though, without checking, it has only done 30,000ish kms, has leather, and 18s.

although I would have thought between 23000 and 25000 personlly... but you know what id do with it, but obviously you dont want to, fair enough.

someone is going to be a very lucky person...

ahh yer it has like 32,000kms....and i forgot about the leather and 18's so i spoze he is asking a very reasonable price.

sorry for talkin in ur thread too falkeen....its kind of related though

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Like you probably already know, no doubt it's worth lots more than what you'd probably get, but it is only a series I Futura. Too bad you need that ute. I would suspect around the 21k figure, 23k if someone was really keen for it.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
thats one fine looking AU, best of luck with the sale anybody would be proud to own that $23k should sell....

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
sorry to post this in your thread falkeen, but does anyone have any other information or a link to the blown blue au that's for sale?

·
4,562 Posts
i just searched everywhere and couldnt find the bloddy thing :S

maybe he took it off the market or sold it?

he had a website for it....just cant find the address

sorry

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
things in the market are deleted after 30 days.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts