Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i want too power up my xr6 ute what charger should i use i've found a bit of info about supercharging but nothing on turbos
What are the prices on turbos and are they better

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Supercharger is a simple bolt on system. There is a lot less work that is required to fit a super charger in comparison to a turbo. Supercharger is driven by the crank and therefore boost is built up at very low engine speeds. In comparison a turbo requires more revs to build up the boost as it is driven by the exhaust gas. Turbos require a fabricated exhaust maifold as well. Depends on how much you want to spend and what power levels you wish to achieve.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i'm thinking about diong the same thing to my ute. from my research/experience the supercharger is probably the better option. not only are they a lot easyer to bolt on and set up, but they are also easyer to remove if you decide to update your car. then you can bolt it on the new one!

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Go the blower and u'll never look back on it TRUST ME!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
just a different opinion for me. I had a XR6 ute, I was going to fit a turbo, with a fabricated inlet/exhaust and a commodore computer. This was going to cost around $8000. I love Turbos, but on a xr8 its easy to just fit a blower.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info
i"ll probly use the bolt on superchargers
When i save some more money

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a quote for the Powerdyne blower and reprograming my unichip to suit of $7500. And was told it would make 240kw at the fly but bearly noticable untill in the higher rev ranges.

I was then quoted closs to $10000 for a turbo with intercooler, exhaust new chip and all the goodies which running 7-8 pound will apparantly make 280-300 kw. The turbo however will take about a week or two to install as its a custon job. This is on an AU XR6 VCT.

Still investigating my options but now the turbo sounds the go...

P.S: Apparently the AV XR6 will have a DOHC and turbo and around 240kw stock late next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts