Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting this for a mate.

Vortech Supercharger Kit For Sale
Bought new from CAPA. Since installation has travelled only 11,000 kilometres (virtually new). In TOP condition, selling due to purchasing new vehicle later in the year. Suit 5.0 litre V8/XR8 awesome power 314.3RWKW (See attached dyno results).

Price $6150 or make an offer.

****PRICE REDUCED TO $5800 ONO****

For more details contact John: 0401778027

Attachments

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Thats so tempting! Much cheaper than the Turbo EB I looked at.

Can you ask your mate what he had to do to the fueling side of things, what exhaust he ran? It looks like some sort of piggyback computer. I'd assume bigger injectors were used? Its a nice power figure there but I'd have to find someone to buy my manual and convert back to auto myself. I can see the T5 dropping its guts as soon as I hit the loud pedel. The kit looks like it would fit any 5.0 but I'd have to check that it wont fowl on the P/S pump of the EB.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
looks as if that car is running a DIS, ie no distributor rather a bank of coil packs.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust was (and still is) pacemakers with 3" pipes (dual, i think) to the diff, the 2.5" over the diff. As for the rest, what is shown on the pic is everything he needed to add to his car to get the supercharger to work effectively. Apart from exhaust, everything you need for an AU 220Kw rated motor is included. You may need bigger injectors etc for earlier model cars - a quick call to CAPA should answer this, as this was a CAPA kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
JC said:
Posting this for a mate.

Vortech Supercharger Kit For Sale
Bought new from CAPA. Since installation has travelled only 11,000 kilometres (virtually new). In TOP condition, selling due to purchasing new vehicle later in the year. Suit 5.0 litre V8/XR8 awesome power 314.3RWKW (See attached dyno results).

Price $6150 or make an offer.

For more details contact John: 0401778027
Just was interested in insurance that you where paying, and also this kit would suit an AUII ute pretty much, but i am assuming it needs a different chip? Do you know anyone in CAPA who could help me out?

Regards
Andrew

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beaver429 said:
Just was interested in insurance that you where paying, and also this kit would suit an AUII ute pretty much, but i am assuming it needs a different chip? Do you know anyone in CAPA who could help me out?

Regards
Andrew
As far as I know, John didn't tell his insurance company.

As for CAPA - I would contact them direct. Any of the blokes there should be able to help (sorry that I can't).

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price reduced to $5800 ono.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does he still have this? Is everything included that came in the kit? He had blue injectors if i am seeing correctly. Is he willing to negotioate?

Thanks Mate
The beaver

·
ACT Club Member
26 Posts
The kit is still for sale,everything included.The 'blue' injectors came standard in
the XR8 so I did not require them from CAPA.The price is most definetly negotiable.
Yes the kit will fit into any AU XR8. $5,800.00 MAKE AN OFFER!

JAK.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am trying to organise the money at the moment, although
will probably come up short (doh).
Will give it a go, as it is too good to pass up. That power is awesome.
What boost is it running?
Is it hard to connect the oil up to the thing? Drill any thing?
How do they do this?
Just can't tell the missus, hopefully she won't find out.
How much of a hurry are you in?

Email me at [email protected]

·
ACT Club Member
26 Posts
There is no drilling needed,just hooks into the existing oil lines/hoses.
I was running 13 pound, which is waaayyyy toooo high,originally running 9.5 pound
and getting 254RwKw from stock XR8,then changed headers,cats and exhaust.
I would suggest getting a unichip (or equivalent) with this system as the piggy back chip that I have would probably not be suitable for another car,Plus you can run the car how you like, ie.boost etc.I'm open to any reasonable offer.

·
ACT Club Member
26 Posts
RATMAN said:
John - How much forrrrrr kesh, Mike?
$5,800.00 OR MAKE AN OFFER! Cash,cheque,money orders accepted.

Any reasonable offer will be considered.

What is it with you "wolly's" and cash??........ :wnc: lol.

Cheers, JAK.

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
contact falkeen lol, just dont tell him I sent you ;) i cant believe he hasnt posted in here yet..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts