Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah sometimes I wonder if they actually got those figures using a dyno or not, they seem rather high. I think the typical gains are anywhere between 5-10 hp. Anyways, if I go the chip route I'll go with something with more options like the Diablochip, or possibly the Jet chip - you can hook those up to your computer and program them yourself.

Also, it looks like Greddy has a new thing coming out that replaces your entire ECU - but uses all of the original harnesses...... sweet.

·
TxPoc Moderator
84 Posts
I say go with jet chips,personally right now a chip isn't in my plans but I have a question....I'll be going to NADC and taking the high performance classes they teach you how to reprogram chips in one class I'm in so here's my question..can you do anything with the "stock" chip and reprogram it ?

~G~

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yes you can, that's what JayB does I'm pretty sure. I don't think the design is much different between the 3.0 and the 2.2 chip. With the proper tools I'm sure it can be done.

·
Hardcore GL Tuning
95 Posts
chips...mmmmm

Glance91LX said:
I say go with jet chips,personally right now a chip isn't in my plans but I have a question....I'll be going to NADC and taking the high performance classes they teach you how to reprogram chips in one class I'm in so here's my question..can you do anything with the "stock" chip and reprogram it ?

~G~
Only so long as the chip has flash memory. Most chips are like this now dayz, but some of the older ones are not and they need to be replaced with a preprogrammed chip. I went thru Jet chip for mine and enjoy it everytime I drive! But I would go with a TEC-II engine management system if I could afford it!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
The TEC-II is my dream mod, but arent they a couple grand? I was reading an issue of Sport Compact Car where they tuned eight WRX's (I know, how can you compare to a Probe), but anyways, one of them had the TEC-II, but few other mods. When they first dynoed it they were not too happy with the results, due to the tweaking nature of the TEC-II they were able to squeeze like an extra 20 hp just by tweaking it here and there........ truly an amazing computer.

·
Hardcore GL Tuning
95 Posts
Yeah that sounds about right. The TEC-II does need to be adjusted once it is in the car, especially since it comes with new injectors and independent coils (?) for each sparkplug (at least the one I saw from Tri-point engineering had these). But for the performance it offers and the ability to adjust it to match any setup you got, I think it is the way to go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts