Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy! I finally got my EA Falcon lowered this week. The old height looked shocking! I went to a wrecker in the hills, who I highly recommend, and had King Spring Superlows fitted (which appear to be near new). I also had some short-stroke shocks fitted which are almost brand new (not sure of the brand) + a camber/castor kit for a total of $350. Unfortunately I needed more than just a wheel alignment done after this, and spent almost $300 getting some new bushes fitted. I kinda expected to have to get a few bushes replaced as I hadn't touched the bushes since I bought the car, and I highly doubt that the previous owner did so either. Overall though I think it looks and feels great! The front tyres sit just below the guards, while the rear guards aren't much higher than the tyres. (I hoped the rear would be as low as the front, but I don't think there's much I can do when I don't have LPG or a heavy stereo system to make the rear sit lower naturally). If anyone in Perth wants the name of the wrecker just PM me. I'm sure some of you out there know who he is anyway.

I've attached some pics for you guys to see. Fingers crossed that they work. I've got a few more pics in my gallery as well as some of them were too large to post; http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/9654

BTW, before I get ripped, I do have a shift-light tacho on my dash. I quite like the look of it and never knew I could get a cluster that included a tacho before I went and bought it. (I bought it over a year ago). It will be also be great when I convert to manual this year.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
looks great....the price seems good aswell...

James

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
looks fantastic!
you prolly don't want the rear quite as low as the front coz as soon as u get 1 or 2 ppl in there it'll be dumped :)

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Nice!

... i thouhgt your car was red for some reason :doh: oh well

Im still deciding wether to get a 4banger for a while or another falcon, and all these lowered cars arent helping :)

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
mmmm car looks sweet, nice n low. Color code the side mouldings the same as the bumpers would finish it off!!

·
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next on my mod list is manual, then a short ratio lsd (proabably 3.7's or 3.9's, but may have to settle for 3.45's), then some nice 17"s, and after that get some more colour-coding and rust removal.

EFJase: You can have the best of both worlds. Get a cheap 4 banger to use during the week, and have the falcon for the weekend to cruise around. A mate of mine in Woodvale is picking up a '85 corolla today from a backpacker who is going back to England for $300. It even has 4 brand new tyres! He plans to keep it until he has the money to buy a decent car.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Looks you picked up a good deal :thup:

What are the bushes? And when do they usually need replacing?

Cheers.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
j_biafra thats what im actually looking at doing. Depends on how much the EF sells for i spose.

Xrated, dunno know, not good with names. I think theyre the lil rubber bits on the susp. Can someone enlighten us?
:)

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
They were EF shocks/springs :)

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Already playing up your rep status hey sim? :s5

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to all this suspension talk, is the supalows the gas shockies or the whole spring unit thing? Called RACQ (or RACV in VIC) they allow third party insurance holders to have 1.5" off their suspension without affecting my insurance. How many inches does supalows actually go down as opposed to the originals? Is there any way I can go 1.5" lower and something to make it even more lower without breaking the law of more than 1.5" lower? Is RACQ assuming 1.5" lower on the springs?

My original front susp is lower than the rear... my EA looks like a sand buggy, will supalows fix this prob?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
superlow is the spring itself.
the front suspension unit it made up of the strut and spring together, the spring is what lowers the car.
for what you want, "Low" springs would suit, generally 1.5" is exactly what "low" springs will produce, Superlow is usually in excess of 2".

Look at pics of Kenaz's EA and large_trouts EA, they both have lows.

·
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys :)
I've got my heart set on beating some V8 commonwhores, and some V8 ford's for that matter off the lights (earn some points for us TQE boys). With a manual and 3.7 or 3.9 LSD is it going to be possible to beat a 185kW HSV without doing any other major mod's? Or am I just dreaming? I suppose those HSV's are pretty light, unlike the mid/late 90's-present day ford V8. I'd love to beat a few skyline's too! F**k I hate those skylines! Well maybe it's just those that have 4.5" cannons and stickers all over them. :p

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ok i think im going to have to get off me butt and put these damn superlows in.

i keep reading thread after thread about em..

nice look,good stuff with the price too,btw..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
RedFalcon said:
Thanks EFFalcon

What is the code/ordering name for the "low" springs not the superlows.

How much do they cost for a full set?
Any suspension place should know what you're talking about when u order "low" springs, a lot of people go with King springs so you could ask for "King Spring Lows"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts