Discussion Starter #1
yes superlows are the way to go

yes lows are the way to go

leave it stock

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only reason i ask i have stock on the rear as it is and lows on the front thats how i bought it,i have superlows here ready to put in,but wonder if it'll be worth it in the long run,or should i just go buy lows for the rear as well..

im wanting superlows but without knowing how low i'll sit to the road i aint sure if i should..(clearance to road (legal or not)and driveways)

·
Phat Drift Damage Victim
985 Posts
Those springs on my car had 107mm clearance between the lowest point of the car (which happened to be my catalytic converter)and the ground on our level workshop floor.

I say wait till you get thermofans for it then dump it on its nuts! Less worrying about bending mounts and putting fans through radiators

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes but i spoke to JOE last night,and i reckon cause the rims are smaller they sit closer to the road anyways so it'd be closer to the road even more so now.

im going to get a mate to come over and i'll see how low they are,with the wheels on it i spoke to joe and cause i will be getting bigger wheels anyways i might as well get superlows on it. :S

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you decided to put lows on the back let me know i have a set lying around the shed somewhere

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will let you know ed gli v8 ;)

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
superlows.....no buts about it

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
superlows, trust me, they rock.

and if you dont like them you can always get a set of low rears and use lows instead, and re-sell your superlows.

you will have a much easier time selling superlow springs than just lows - everyone wants to go lower :D

and i have had superlows on my car for more than a year, the only place i cant drive is the top of chermside carpark, and thats only when i have a mate or two in the car, (cause most of my mates are heavy bastards) it tends to hit the exhaust pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Im gunna have to say lows, mainly because of the rediculous hights of speed humps these days! Sure Super Low may look better but id rather keep the underside of my car with as littel damage as possible!

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
ive got superlows all round but there in upside down, found that out yesterday. i want to put the standard rears in for the time being and get the superlows compressed (or something like that) another half an inch more, unless when i turn them the right way it will lower a little more??? but definantly superlows....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH well superlows will go in for now if i have any concerns with damage n ride hieght etc i'll keep my original gear n put it back on.

thanx for your suggestions,replies ppl'z

·
Registered
725 Posts
What is the deal with them being in upside down? I had the car up on the hoist at Beaurepairs getting a rear tyre replaced and the bloke reckons we put them in (superlows) upside down... Took the car to the local mechanic and he said they were the right way up! The way they were put in looked correct! My cars ride is not that harsh or anything so what would happen if we have put em in upside down? Shocking ride quality or anything else that was noticable? Or is there no difference in ride quality if they are upside down...?

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
the closer stacked coils go to the top spring seat.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
i wanna go for lows instead of superlows..

embarassing when you got a car full o people and it scrapes over speed humps. (mind you, its funnier making everyone hop out so you can take ya car over it.. hehe)

attracts less attention from cops n robbers too.

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
mine are in upside down ask shavs mate. he told me i didnt even know, gonna put my old springs back in one day and get my rears re-set another half an inch lower on the rear. it only cost 70bux for the pair at industrial springs, but the only thing is they come back black so they wont be yellow and have the king springs tags on them anymore. theres an ea ghia at the wreckers that i saw which had kings in the rear but i dont know what type (lows/superlows) might go offer him $40 for them and use those, well see in another 2 weeks what to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts