Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, but does it work? thats what i want to know!
anyone know what it is?

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
I think it would work up to a point but wouldn't be a patch on a turbo. A turbo is the ultimate really using wasted energy to make incredible power gains.I wouldn't go past one.From what I could gather in the bit I read it seems as if the surbo stores some pressure then releases it into the manifold.This would be a limited amount.That is provided I have got my head correctly round what they were saying.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I agree. It should work to some extent but like above if I was going to do something like this it would be the full monty with either a turbo or blower

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I don't get it. how can you save fuel? the more air the more air/fuel mixture is needed therefore the swept volume is larger and im going round in circles here, your using more fuel.
ALso would you need to lower compression ratio for this to work better?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, the guys at Surbo have agreed to give me one to test on my mondeo. Once i've got it all running i'm going to publish a review on my site. I'll let you know the outcome!

·
Probe Member
28 Posts
What is a Mondeo?

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
monkeyra said:
Right, the guys at Surbo have agreed to give me one to test on my mondeo. Once i've got it all running i'm going to publish a review on my site. I'll let you know the outcome!
Good stuff monkeyra.I'll be over to check it out.Post up what you think of it here too please.

·
Probe Member
28 Posts
I will make sure to keep an eye out too. And take some pictures, I am kinda leary about it because they don't have a picture of the components on the website, ?

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
justwakin said:
I will make sure to keep an eye out too. And take some pictures, I am kinda leary about it because they don't have a picture of the components on the website, ?
Good one justwakin.it will be interesting to find out about it.

P

·
0 Posts
It sounds too good to be true.

I smell snake oil, but I've been wrong before. Hope this is something that pans out... keep the updates coming

·
Probe Member
28 Posts
Any word about it yet? Just curious.

·
Capri mkIII Member
271 Posts
Dead but not gone

Checked out the Mondeo site and found an update , READ THIS AND LOOK AT PICKS may work on some cars but not all??????

Looks like an idea that worked on one but then they marketed it and now getting a bit of backlash

John
The Flying Haggis

Date is 16/12/01 and is listed as the Surbo
http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/

after reading am I wrong in thinking the idea would work better like a mini turbo and get this thing spinning , even slowly is better than stationary????

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Didn't look too good to me John.There is no way something like that is going to compete with a turbocharger for performance increase.If any vehicle was going to make a gain then i would expect it to be incredibly small.

·
Capri mkIII Member
271 Posts
I would have thought the curculating (cyclone style) airflow would help but there are too many factors that put it off. Also it would have to be carfully engineered to suit each type of air intake . As the site says others have tried and gave up on the idea maybe these guys found a car that it would actualy work on???

John
The Flying Haggis

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
28s3 said:
I would have thought the curculating (cyclone style) airflow would help but there are too many factors that put it off. Also it would have to be carfully engineered to suit each type of air intake . As the site says others have tried and gave up on the idea maybe these guys found a car that it would actualy work on???

John
The Flying Haggis
As you say it would be different for every intake. I guess it is great that someone is trying something but "suction turbo" might be a bit strong for this device.I remember a company making port plates for the big port Cleveland V8's which helped with torque etc and drivability.These worked quite well from what i read.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts