Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped into Ford today, to checkout the price of things and ask a few questions.

First thing I asked was about Rear Spoiler on my AUII Forte. Straight up got a blunt answer of "naa mate, all gone. Ford don't make them anymore" - He gave me some story about Ford only making x amount, and because they were soo cheap (~$400), people bought them for there stock cars.

Surely this is BS? I'm going to give another Ford dealer a ring tomorrow on the other side of Brisbane and see what they have to say.

Secondly, I want the BA XR wheels on my AUII. The guy from above told me to go into Service and speak to them, to which the guy told me the BA wheels will not fit on a AU Series Falcon. Apparently the offset is different. It's possible to make them fit, but you need to do something with the mudflaps or something, but this makes it defective if a cop pulls you over. Is this right?

I really want these rims which are the BA XRs. This pic is taken from the "AU Pics" thread, link here .

The reason you ask, for me sticking to the official Ford Spoiler, and rims, is for insurance reasons.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
the wheels do fit... au and ba are the same offset, not sure about the spoiler but i think there will be new ones.... best of luck!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
What a load of crap!

I had my t series wheels on the BA

And the spoiler..... Ford are required by law to stock parts for released models upto 7 years old i beleive!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Yep youve been fed a load of bullshit. BA Rims fit AU's and if your in Brisbane go to Bryan Byrt Ford at Mt Gravatt, they have a yard full of AU Series III Forte's with these rims fitted. As for the spoiler, you should be able to get one no trouble at all, otherwise a spoiler company will be able to get you a copy which will do the same job.

Good Luck!

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

laminge, thats exactly what I thought the second the guy told me. I didn't want to argue with him though, he must have it in for 20 year old driving nice cars ? :confused:

Well I now know will Ford Dealer in Brisbane I won't be visiting again!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Thats my car and the wheels fitted straight on, no mods needed. Dont buy the rims from a Ford dealer they want too much for them.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Hmm seems like you have come across some real lazy ass people. Spoilers are still out there just try another dealer.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I got mine from Blackwood Tyrepower in SA, they are normally about $300 each from there but i got them for $250 each no tyres. These were brand new, there are sometimes some for sale on the Forums.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
And dont forget to tell them about Fordforums....

The more Better dealers around Australia that we can rub backs with the better it is for all

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
The spoiler being NLA isnt entirely untrue..... They used to be available ex FMC pre-painted in body colour. This is the only thing that has changed. They now come primed only...still available, just not painted. part number is AUF 42210 BKTPW. RRP $401.50 inc GST. (with all attaching hardware and triangle shape lamp too of course)

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
I think your just on Drugs again. AU's look ok with BA Rims, but i dont think id put a set of AU rims on a BA - however I have seen an XT with a set of AU 1 Tickford 17's and it looked fantastic.

·
Experimental Racer#6
8,192 Posts
XTS220 said:
I think your just on Drugs again. AU's look ok with BA Rims, but i dont think id put a set of AU rims on a BA - however I have seen an XT with a set of AU 1 Tickford 17's and it looked fantastic.
Thats what i meant AUI 17's on an XT, and i have seen T1 TS50 rims on an XR8, and other T series rims on BA s.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Yeah any of the AU tickfords would look pretty decent on the BA, but you probarly wouldnt want to put a set of Futura/Fairmont Spec 15 inch or 16 inch rims on a BA as most of them look pretty ordinary.

·
HSV Hater!
85 Posts
Ive Been Told That AU Rims Can Fit An EL But The BA Ones Cant?

Anyone Know If The BA's Can Infact fit E Falcons. Cause i really wont a set for my el falcon.

If not im gonna get the EL GT style real or copys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts