Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '91 Colony Park 5.0 that just started surging at Idle. In checking out vacuum lines, I happened to press on the line going to the MAP sensor, and the engine died. Found out that near the MAP sensor, the rubber vacuum hose had deteriorated severely, (pitted) to the point that its walls had become soft and were apparently collapsing under vacuum, then recovering, then collapsing, ad infinitum. I spliced in a new section of fuel line hose and it is running fine now. (That entire vacuum line disappears under the Plenum which must be removed if the entire line needs replacing). Dave

·
Registered
2000 grand marquis ls with handling package, magnaflow mufflers,dual exhaust, 3.55 rear axle
209 Posts
I have a '91 Colony Park 5.0 that just started surging at Idle. In checking out vacuum lines, I happened to press on the line going to the MAP sensor, and the engine died. Found out that near the MAP sensor, the rubber vacuum hose had deteriorated severely, (pitted) to the point that its walls had become soft and were apparently collapsing under vacuum, then recovering, then collapsing, ad infinitum. I spliced in a new section of fuel line hose and it is running fine now. (That entire vacuum line disappears under the Plenum which must be removed if the entire line needs replacing). Dave
I would consider replacing all the vacuum lines that are easily accessible on a car of that age.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Beat me to it. Most likely they’re all deteriorating from age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts