Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah just lettin you guys know what i'm doin to my car.

I went to a suspension place in Penrith and attempted to get my car even height all round. I dunno whether i've mentioned it before but my car is 15mm lower on the drivers side.

I put a set of King Springs standard height and didn't solve the problem, then the suspension guy suggested to swap the rear leaf springs from across. Still didn't work.

Only way to cure the problem is to get a custom made front right spring 2cm taller, i will be getting this done early next week, i'll let you guys know how it goes.
BTW anyone else experienced a height difference in their falcons???
:confused: :confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
The only height difference I notice is when I load the boot up!!. Other than that my S pack is as flat as a tack. Great car to drive...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah same here. Flat as Coonabarrabran. Speaking of suspension mods, I'll be giving mine a rogering next week. Koni shocks, Pedders superlow springs, adjustable camber kit up front, and stiffening / strengthening of sway bars. Will be low and sweet :cool: and most likely scrape it's guts on anything and everything :mad:

Will give full in-depth test and writeup after the day.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el2xr8, just curious how much are you dropin your car by?
Yeah i looked at koni's for shocks but unfortunately there way too expensive for my budget as i've got to get other things done on my baby.
:(

BTW are u goin to thd dyno day?:)

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
It's a shame you didn't mention your suspension mods before, I could have given you the same tip someone gave me - and that was, visit Straight Talk Suspension in Blacktown. I'll not go elsewhere now.

I was all keen for the similar setup you seemed to be after, the old Koni+Kings setup. After visiting Pedders and having them tell me the car was lucky to be on the road, and that nearly everything needed replacing, I went to STS after someone gave the guy a good wrap. He had a squizz at the Pedders list, then my car, and told me half of it wasn't as bad as Pedders made out. He also recommended if budget was a concern, Lovell springs with KYB shocks were similar in performance, but much better on the wallet. I got the heavy duty KYB's with super low Lovells, and it's low and sweet as el2xr8 will get soon, (and yes, it scraps on everything :D ). I also got the camber kit up front, as well as a new steering rack and rear bushes. Around the same time I also got a new set of tyres.

The car was transformed and I was, and still am, stoked with it. :evil: Needs some new bushes up front, and sway bar work - the Watts linkage is a little tired too, but otherwise, it's a great drive now.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Prob drop it by 1.5", but might convince myself to go to 2". Depends how low I can live with, there's some pretty nasty guttering around here, and I'm not real keen on leaving bits of undercarriage around the local streets ;)

Yeah, Venom. I'm really looking forward to the handling change, especially in the front-back stability under brakes. The thing gets up on the nose under anchors at the moment, and the rear springs are pretty well near dead, so through the tight twisties she gets a bit out of order. Will look very sweet too, and there's no avoiding the pics I'm going to take and post here afterwards :evil:

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
I've lost a rear mud guard thanks to the nasty hole in the road in front of the driveway of our townhouse complex, but I've yet to leave anything more worrying. ;)

The handling is great. Cornering is most fun, really handles changes of direction well. Love letting the arse end drift out a bit, as it pulls it back in smartly and goes where it should, even in the wet. :evil: Definite improvement in braking, which is never a bad thing.

I'll have to get pics of mine as well soon, not really much to look at, but I'd be interested to see what people think of the wheels it's got on it. :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Venom XR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing