Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
not bad. i'm very surpised. all i had ever heard was talk of how the might ls1 could not be beaten, no matter what svt was doing to the mustang cobra.

good job! :thup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's possible to take an LS1 under the *right* conditions, being a better driver certainly helps out a lot. A lot of those guys in that thread are over on the Corral.net forums as well, visit their site if you haven't already-I love that place. You need every edge you can get to take out an LS1, because those things just haul man....

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Cobra90gt, are you in America? How good will the 2001-2002 SVT 4.6 stock will do against say the SS camaro or the zo6 vette??I've read alot about ls1 beating the gt stang, but how baout stock svt's??In case you don't know yet, we have em here in australia ,the ls1's, as Commodore ss and HSV. 225 KW and 255KW upto 300KW.
Kw=1.35*HP
I'm saying this cause there are some news they will put the 4.6 quad cam 4v or the 5.4 l engines into the falcon sedans of oz.(enjoying what the stang can do for a much much lower price).
reply soon,thanks bud.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, how ya doing. Yes, I live in the USA, right outside of Detroit actually. Well, sadly a stock 01 Cobra will lose to the LS1, z28 or SS. They just have too much top end power and start to pull away. However, a new Cobra will give the LS1 a run for the money if you have a very good driver behind the wheel, but 9 tiems out of 10, the LS1 will win in a quarter mile race. Anyways, have you heard about the upcoming auto show? I'm not sure what the deal is with the Terminator Cobra, but that might be revealed at the Chicago Auto Show during the first week of February. Check out www.blueovalnews.com They usually leak out some pretty good information ahead of time directly from Ford employees around here in Dearborn.

Check out the Detroit Auto Show too:

http://www.ford.com/en/ourVehicles/autoShows/default.htm

http://www.ford.com/en/links/Autoshows/NAIAS.htm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting, he beat a '98 Cobra. ....it's possible so long as the Cobra driver has no skills....I mean, the Cobra loves the top end and against a WRX (sp?) I think the Cobra would win 9 times out of 10...The more I think about it, I bet he raced a Cobra clone....

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
stock for stock the 2001 cobra will destroy a 2002 wrx.

i should know. i raced a fellow club members wrx at carlsbad not too long ago. beat him by at least 2.5 seconds each time. :s5

·
Cobra Member *hissssss*
36 Posts
I beat a 2002 Camaro SS the other night... not by much, but my nose was edging ahead of his.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts