Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know a product to permanently get ride of swirl marks, my car colour is polynesian green (green blue in colour) and it has a deep shine but when looking in sun light you can see these swirl marks on the clear coat, if i use armour plate it gets ride of them but only for about a week or so :-(, any suggestions????

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pretty sure Maguiers have a product to get rid of the swirl marks
I haven't used it myself but if that is as good as the rest of their products you can't go wrong.

cheers

Paul B

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Use meguairs paint cleaner after washing
then use meguiars polish
and finally meguairs gold class wax...

A lot of work, but it will be worth it.

G

·
I would have to agree with XLR8 Use meguairs paint cleaner,then use meguiars polish
and then the wax. I have an AU fairmont and after the Meguairs it came up better than new. Word of caution though keep clear of the black plastic and rubber bits and pieces. Very hard to get the polish off.

·
Manual Man
109 Posts
That stuffs called 'scratch x' its damn good, had my mates rave about it. Yet to use it on the old man's black XR8, that thing is swirl city I tell you.

·
XR8 Mad
244 Posts
Mothers also have a product for getting rid of swirlmarks...its phase 2 of the 3 stage wax program....but the first stage gets rid of al the gunk that builds up on your paintwork...but doesn't cut the paint...very effective. Phase 2 is really good too...you have to see it to believe it!!

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
As stated previously, use Meguiar's Scratch X, it was made for paint swirls.

Polish with Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax (the best stuff I've ever used) I won't use anything else now.

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
I have used Mothers for the last couple of yrs and its good stuff. When i got my new XR a few months back an industry friend of mine sent me all the Meguiars range with cloths etc absolutely fantastic gear !!! I just used after a wash this weekend their Quick Detailer and the beast looks better than when i picked it up from the dealer.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts