Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a ford man all my life. i currently own a 91 f350 4x4 dually with a 460. i've decided to upgrade on a new truck. to be more specific a new diesel. normally i would go straight to the Powerstroke, but i've heard a lot of bad things about the new 6.0 litter. I hate dodge gas engines, but i've always know their cummings to be a tried and true solid machine. if any of you powerstroke owners out there could show me the light and let me know what you think about your trucks, and why i should invest further with ford i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks EDDIEAA

·
Gear head
7 Posts
The New Power Stroke will pull more than that cummins and give you better fuel mileage. I am a Cummins man for alot of things but never in the Pickup lines never. I worked for a company that fixed small block diesels and the power stroke was always the cleanest inside and ran the smoothest. and the dodge trany will not hold up to lots and lots of heavy pulling and abuse. I personally have had to install may trany's in the dodges myself. "Hope you hope you stay true and go with the blue"

·
Registered
9 Posts
EDDIEAA,
I have talked with the service advisor at a local Ford dealership regarding the same problems that you are concerned about. I was assured that only the 2003 Powerstrokes had some problems with their fuel injectors and also the the progam in the trucks computer. Ford send down a new download for the computer that addreses these problems and corrects them. I was also told by the techs in the service dept. that if you bought a 2004 6.0 liter Powerstroke that you would not have any problems.
Now......go enjoy that new Powerstroke and go take a shower to decontaminate yourself if you already test driven a Ram Diesel! In the long run you will be kicking yourself if you did buy the Dodge. They look good.......but that is as far as it goes. Let me know what you decide on.
Mystic363

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own a 2003 6.0 powerstroke and I have not had any problems with it at all. There was a limited number of trucks with bad injectors and those where all fixed..I ge about 15.5 mpg with the bully dog chip and an air raid intake. I love it.....I drove the Dodge and it has no power and they are still loud... Good luck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts