Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fiesta premiere in Sydney

This evening through a dealer function organised by Ford, there where a few very important bits of information released.
Firstly the TV advert. It is the best ad Ford Aust have ever done. And that's no exaduration. It will be on TV from the end of Feb.
Secondly the price. The audience literally gasped when we saw it... unbelievable.

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Hmmm gasped. Not sure to interpret that as a good or bad sign. Any hints RATT??........

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Lets play higher and lower ....... $18990 (higher or lower) ......... hehehehehehehe

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's looooower... It was a good gasp.

The basic Fiesta has front power windows, dual airbags and CD player as standard. Having driven one, I can tell you it out handles a Zetec Focus. And thats the Fiesta Ghia I'm talking about.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Sounds promising, it wouldn't want to have been any dearer though - Ford has a bit of ground to make up in this segment! The Fiesta looks like the car to do it though.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more thing, any small car buyers out there will be best off holding off till the little Fiesta is out because I have now realised that this car is more significant than most people realised. Ford have not had a car in this market segment since Festiva in the late 1990's and the Fiesta will blow alot of the competition away in many ways including value and the driver enjoyment.

Pricing for the whole range will be revealed in less than two weeks.

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Thanks heaps for the heads up RATT. Cant wait to see it deliver more traffic to Ford Showrooms.

Judging by what you (and the gaspers) it looks like we might actually be surprised by the pricing. I guess a stronger $AU may have had an impact

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well if it is going to be as cheap as you say, we may just have to trade the Lancer in for a Fiesta then :0)

Jason

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if you could call it cheap considering what's on the market these days, but for what it is it's great value and the price is less than many in the industry had predicted.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Thats what I was meaning cheap for the value, newer is always better (mostly)

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
Hopefully this one is a winner!

Heard the other day my mate at a local dealership was at the launch said too that was better to drive than a zetec focus, and apparently has a genius ecu whereby it can notice the RON of the fuel used and compensate fuel mapping..not sure??

The price is something, it looks good, goes good, and german made, should outclass barina and the rest of the mob!

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Is that just becuase there is still strong demand for Fiesta's in Europe and the lowly (read small) Oz market comes second to them?

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
Had a drive all last night of one of these lil hornfighters...jeez for a little dunga car they are pretty damn good! I could definately drive the missus' car if she had one of these. It has plenty of torque, the interior is much better than focus (none of the angles etc), the quality of all panels and instruments is better than anything here.

The gearbox is bloody brilliant, it sits pretty low in the console but it shifts so damn easy. I'm sure these things will be good in the eyes of the press, too

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TurboDOHC said:
Is that just becuase there is still strong demand for Fiesta's in Europe and the lowly (read small) Oz market comes second to them?
Not exactly sure but it could be the case.

Rodderz, couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
yeah the RON sensors are brilliant. They are tuned for premium, even the entry level LX, but they will run happily on unleaded. If it outhandles a Focus Zetec then I'm screwed, but they still won't stack up to the 2.0 power baby!!!!!!! Guess I'll just take one home from the dealership for the night and see for myself sometime soon! Can't wait!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts