Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Muffler Bearing
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, my girls 93 lx t-bird won't hold pressure in the brake peddle. Her ex just did some work to it (and did most of it wrong from what i understand). One of the front calipers was replaced cause it got stuck than the master cylinder was replaced cause it was leaking. It has ABS and from what i understand from talkin to a mechanic tonight, the pressure needed to be relesed from the system before the caliper can be replaced properly (not sure if he did this). Also, when bleeding the brake lines, he bled them wrong (DON'T EVER LET A RICER TOUCH AN AMERICAN CAR!!!), he bled them as follows: right rear, left front (closest), left rear, right front. I'm not certified, but I know it goes from farthest from the cyl to the closest (rr, lr, rf, lf) which was confirmed by the mechanic and by the Haynes repair manual. I'm going to re-bleed the breaks by disconnecting the battery, pumping the breakes til they're rock hard and bleeding them the right way from there (as per the advice of the mechanic and manual). If anyone has any other ideas or what I may be over-looking, your help will be more than greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Clutch

·
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy
219 Posts
ummm check the lines, u may have a rusty/corroded brake line in the system. first check that b4 u spend any money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts