Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys am replacing my air box with a T3 style pod intake (also the same as the battens pod intake) on my AU2

am aware that my MAF needs to be changed to an 82mm one for this setup to work, does anyone know if anything else needs to be replaced?

all else i can think of is the pipe that goes from the MAF to the throttle body, will this pipe connect up to the 82mm MAF? does it have the same external diameter?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
256 Posts
I put a pod style air filter on my AU XR8. I got it from Dick Johnson racing.They give you a K&N pod air filter and a carbon fibre shroud which creates a air chamber behind your L/H head light and keeps hot engine temps away from your filter. It cost me $500 2 years ago. Very easy to install.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No its different. IT doesn't use the T series air filter housing. Your maf sensor bolts onto the carbon fibre housing & the pod filter joins onto the inlet housing to your maf sensor. You completely remove your old filter box. My XR8 was a series 1. If you want some techical info talk to Brian at DJR in race parts 07 32871234. He told me how to modify my maf sensor aswell!

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
I think you will find the stock MAF will also bolt up to the T series pod. All Ford MAF's I have seen have the same bolt pattern.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dunno if i can say the price on the T3 box JUST yet, and the MAF is second hand

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
EDXR8 said:
I think you will find the stock MAF will also bolt up to the T series pod. All Ford MAF's I have seen have the same bolt pattern.
I have an 82mm MAF here and it definently doesn't bolt to the normal airboxes!

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I would also suggest to get the 70mm T/B. It would help with the gains you make with the pod style filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts