Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've called City Ford asking about the T Series Snorkel, I'm not sure if they know what i'm talkin about but they are charging $55.90 for the damn thing. :( :( :(

Just wondering for the people who bought the snorkel, how much did you get it for???? Is it really $24.00.

Maybe me has to drive down and ask tthem about it.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yeah I think I paid only $22 for mine.. still doesn't fit :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wooooooooo hoooooooooo, got my T Series air tube snorkel, i got it for $24.66 after GST. The bloody service guys were looking at the wrong part. Interesting thought though the tube of the EF XR's costs $30 something, go figure. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I reckon the air tube is similar to the AU XR's but has a tickford wing on it. Looks to be a better flow to my old one.

Now i hope this will fit on an EF.

el2xr8,
You mentioned that it won't fit on your box because of a pulley, i would have thought that this tube is for V8's, unless the AU V8's are a tad different in the pully arrangement to the EL one.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm interesting read there, well seems it is different to the XR's. I'll let you guys know how it goes tonight, if me notices any difference on the right foot factor :p my car is not with me at the moment, it's in the mountains.

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
a buddy of mine has out it on his AU S model... i think there was some talk about this with the NSWXRClub ages ago. I'm not sure that it fitted on pre-AU1 models.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Have got one on my AU XR8.....didnt fit on my EL XR8 just a tad tight, Dont think it makes any difference at all!!!!......the wings look go though

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, you guys were right doesn't quite fit, it touch's the drive belt cover shroud and the tube sits too tall.
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Well the tube fits on any AU falcon onwards. 6 or 8. So anyone that has an AU can have a Tickford wing on their intake tube. :p :p

Ahh well i'll have to resort to plan B exchange it tomorrow and get the EF XR tube, it's also bigger in size than the stock and it will definitly fit. $30 odd for it. If it doesn't do anything for performance i'll resort to the Aunger setup and put it on dad's car.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
LOL......

My plan B was to exchange the car for an AU...:D :D :D :D

Keep the intake......;)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, i was thinkin that as well, i was going to stick it on the wall so i'll be inspired to get an AU then i can use it. But for me being a uni student i won't see an AU in the garage for a while. :( :(

From reading about the T Series technical section it's really inspired me to get an AU V8 of anysort, pretty much the bits of the TSeries can be bunged on without much dramas.

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, you guys were right doesn't quite fit, it touch's the drive belt cover shroud and the tube sits too tall.
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Well the tube fits on any AU falcon onwards. 6 or 8. So anyone that has an AU can have a Tickford wing on their intake tube. :p :p

Ahh well i'll have to resort to plan B exchange it tomorrow and get the EF XR tube, it's also bigger in size than the stock and it will definitly fit. $30 odd for it. If it doesn't do anything for performance i'll resort to the Aunger setup and put it on dad's car.
I think the ED Sprint and EL GT has bigger intakes than stock XRs. Should fit all other EB-ED and EF-EL. removing the extra bit of trim on under the leading edge of the bonnet on EF XR (screwed to the top of the noseconse) lets a bit more air in, too. EL GT had two extra holes drilled in bonnet behind grill insert, too. All food for thought!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
On dyno day for the xr club it was found that if the filter was lifted above the box,filter panel itself still being used we all gained 2or 3 K.W at the back wheels 6 and 8s.The car is stationary there thou.So one might wander if those induction tubes make any difference?I have seen those induction inlets at My Car,I personaly think they are a wast of money.Some of the guys who had modified mills had two,2 inch holes cut under filter panel, you have to look real hard to see that has been done too.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well tryed my baby put last night with the new air tube, seems to have a bit of a better pickup when accelerating hard. but it may be phsycological more so than the tube it self. :p :p :p

ebxr8240,

Your right about what you said, i had a look in my car for that Auger setup, i won't go for it. I mean i spent $30 or so on this new tube of the XR but $305 won't buy me. I've decided if i want so real gains i gotta do teh suggestion of drilling a 2 inch hole in the box and running a flexible pipe to the ait intake at the bottom of the grill. I reckon i can get that done by someone for around $200.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
just for the record the tickford snorkel doesnt fit in an EB 5.0 either.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it's a bugger that, tube looked pretty good with the tickford logo.

eb_5litre,

You should ask to see the EB GT air tube, and exchange the Tseries one wth it. Most likely might fit your car since your car is the same Series 2 base as the 25th EBGT and yours is a V8.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
i didnt buy it.. just used someone elses

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahh ok thats cool then, should find out about the EB GT snorkel i reckon it might fit. Also being a GT i bet there will be a significant gain compared to the stock one.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
XLR8 said:
Have got one on my AU XR8.....didnt fit on my EL XR8 just a tad tight, Dont think it makes any difference at all!!!!......the wings look go though
Does the T series have a bigger opening than the standard unit?

I plan to wait and see what induction they put on the stroker motor and go from there:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts