Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving from canberra to brisbane i found the car accelorated smoother and ran smoother on the highway .

·
Registered
33 Posts
can someone please tell me the difference between the t series snorkel and the xr i was told that it was different but when i went to ford and purchased one they told me they where the same.any information on a after market part price power increase etc.i own a au2 xr8

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
They are the same from AU2 XR8 onwards......

Does yours have the Tickford wings on the snorkel?? They cost about $23 for Ford. Power increase will be next to none! Xr6 owners will get more of a benefit because they are a quite a bit bigger.

R

·
0 Posts
Does the T-series snorkel fit onto a EF II Fairmont (6 cylinder)? Does the snorkel provide any benefits and if so is it in performance, fuel economy or torque?

I believe the alternative is a EL GT snorkel but I have heard they are a bit pricey. But the T-series snorkel does have the Tickford wings where the EL GT snorkel doesn't.

·
Registered
29 Posts
RAVEN
Ivefitted it to my EFs1 it took about 20min I found it to improve throttle response and is quite largerthan the original and about $320 cheaper than an aftermarket snorkle offered by local exaust shops. Its a cheap mod that if you are not satisfied whith you havent gone broke trying

R

·
0 Posts
Darren

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a part number for the snorkel? Just confirming the price quoted by XLR8 ($23)?

To remove the current snorkel do I just unscrew the two screws which bolt the snorkel to the body and unclip?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part number for the T-SERIES snorkel I fitted is TAUVE 9A624A , I paid $27 here in CANBERRA

R

·
0 Posts
just rang Ford spare parts

the guy on the phone just told me it doesn't fit and hung up. Any comments?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to file a bit from the fan shroud so it sat properly , and drill a new mounting hole , try another dealer or ask for someone else.I had to pay up front because it was something they didnt normaly stock , tyr going into the dealer and talking face to face.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Raven,
My only comment would be to find a new spare parts dealer - there's no excuse for Arogance.

Myxr6
I just rang my ford dealer and you've got the T in the part number in the wrong spot
It should be AUTVE 9A624A and at $25.90 I've got to try it

See yah
Paul B

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Raven, AU-series snorkels don't fit perfectly on the EA-EL series Falcons, ask for a EL GT snorkel.

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks for your replys guys

myxr6 have you got any pics you can send me to show the before and after of the fitting of the snorkel (ie engine bay pics)

email me if you could to [email protected]

venomXR yep definately will consider the option. I think it will fit a lot easier but from what others have said they are a bit pricey. I will check it out

Once again thanks guys

R

·
0 Posts
Got a price on the EL GT snorkel. It cost $37. However the spare parts guy said it would only fit a V8. Anyone placed an EL GT snorkel in their 6 cylinder EF? He was reluctant to explain himself about the fitting bit. Just wanna know if it means drilling new holes to fit or if it goes beyond that.

Any tips?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
EF_Falcon_Guy put the Gt snorkel on his 6cyl EF wagon - they do fit.

S

·
0 Posts
Jase
Part no. for snorkles
EA-ED ...EDTVE9A624A $108.30 now Obsolete
EF-EL ...EFTVE9A624A $40.60
AU ...TAUTVE9A624A $27.15
recommended Retail Prices

E

·
0 Posts
hehe, i ordered mine just then and got it for trade COD, whihc is only $21.75 - that's for the au xr8 one..

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
what kindof snorkel does the XR8 Sprint have?

I might upgrade to the EL GT snorkel if it has a larger throat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts