Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Drive......

Ford now has the interest and sales artillery it needs to make an HSV Maloo-beating Falcon ute – a prospect that’s almost a certainty – with record sales of the regular Falcon ute last month. Ford is already planning a Tickford-modified T-Series ute for later this year.

Ford executives have confirmed a need for building a more powerful Tickford-modified T-Series version of the ute to go head-to-head with HSV’s Maloo. And if the sellout success of the limited edition 200kW Pursuit Ute is any indication, buyers will be queuing at dealerships – and dealers screaming for more.

"One of our big failures is that we didn’t do a Maloo-fighter earlier," said Ford Australia president Geoff Polites. "You’ve got to do one, really. There’s an absolute need for a performance go-getter ute."

The T-Series line-up has been a sales flop and a huge learning curve for Ford Australia. But the ute variant could be just what’s needed to spur interest in the performance line-up that’s aimed squarely at HSV.

The T-Series range will get a 260kW "stroked" version of the V8 engine, stretching capacity to 5.7 litres when it’s updated late this year. The T-Series update – which brings with it a more aggressive spoiler kit and more powerful brakes – was initially planned for September but is running slightly later than expected, with a Sydney motor show debut more likely.

The AU ute is the shining star in Ford Australia’s line-up with record sales, while the regular AU Falcon sedan/wagon has never matched Holden’s Commodore on sales. Sporty XR Falcons are also increasing in popularity – accounting for more than 10 percent of Falcon sales, while Holden is also selling plenty of SS Commodores, demonstrating a penchant of Australians for locally-made performance cars.

Ford shifted 1,730 Falcon utes last month, outstripping the rival Commodore equivalent by 682, and Ford says it could have sold more had it been able to meet demand.

That’s despite bold claims from Holden when it came out with the VX-based VU ute. Holden predicted it would outsell Ford, which it guessed would sell less than 1,000 utes per month as a result of the increased competition.

Instead, the market has grown and utes in Australia are as much a fashion statement as a work vehicle. A very practical coupe, if you like.

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Yeah, that was in todays AGE, with a picture. Also there was a story on the AV, talking about the things we have heard as rumours, Turbo Six, Multi Valve 6 etc and an artists impression of an AV XR.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
The AV XR8 looks discusting :(

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
gms00 said:
Pictures for us 'disadvantaged' kiwis:( :nuts:

Hey, was that thing on the Aussie news about how the NZ (wellington) Airport fined Allan Langer $200, huh?
- The Aussie coach said it was a conspiricy thepry!
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
You Aussies are gonna die this Friday night...
Go the Kiwi's!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I love the look of the AU Falcon ute when its lowered and has big wheels so personally I can't wait to see a T series ute. Good to see the ute is still beating the commode version too, Ford has done a good job with the AU ute. :D

I don't know too much about Rugby League but I think the player was Darren Lockyer.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Adam W said:
I love the look of the AU Falcon ute when its lowered and has big wheels so personally I can't wait to see a T series ute. Good to see the ute is still beating the commode version too, Ford has done a good job with the AU ute. :D

I don't know too much about Rugby League but I think the player was Darren Lockyer.
Will the ute be an AU or AV for this Sept<<<:eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
Pictures for us 'disadvantaged' kiwis :( :nuts:

Hey, was that thing on the Aussie news about how the NZ (wellington) Airport fined Allan Langer $200, huh?
1. You already have the sketch..

2. You imbecile.. Allan Langer is now in England playing for his english club. It was Darren Lockyer. If you're going to pay out on us at least get it right... :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gms00 said:
I think it's looks a treat!.. I'd be very happy driving around town in one of those babies!.. :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

1. You already have the sketch..

2. You imbecile.. Allan Langer is now in England playing for his english club. It was Darren Lockyer. If you're going to pay out on us at least get it right... :rolleyes:
<font size=7>ALL HAIL KING ALFIE!!!!!!!!</font>

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
$200 fine for having mud on his boots, good too see the NZ Airport security staff are doing their job. I wonder how many drug trafficers got through whilst they were harassing an Aussie Rugby player.:D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts