Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has moved from a T3 to a BA/BF FPV and the steering is a lot heavier than the T3.
The steering in the T3 i take it is the same as in most AU models as the steering seems to be the same in both BA and BF a lot heavier.
Does any one know if the "B" series steering can be changed, altered or maybe the word needed here ajusted or is it pressure ajusted to make it heavier than the T3.
The T3 is so much nicer to drive than the "B" series i have test driven so far including a F6 BA Tornado and the BF F6 Typhoon along with a couple of std BA's.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
As far as I know there were changes made to the pump pressure, I dont know if they run the same rack but do they feel diffarent.
I have to agree with you the Tseries has the better steering.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Noboss said:
As far as I know there were changes made to the pump pressure, I dont know if they run the same rack but do they feel diffarent.
I have to agree with you the Tseries has the better steering.
I remember reading about this when the B series was launched.Apparently the public didn't like the steering feel of the T series so they improved it to suit the customers needs.Since the success of the BA GT it's a no brainer which is the prefered one. :hy:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
FPVGT said:
I remember reading about this when the B series was launched.Apparently the public didn't like the steering feel of the T series so they improved it to suit the customers needs.Since the success of the BA GT it's a no brainer which is the prefered one. :hy:
All the motoring mags I have read were the other way around & liked the AU steering feel better. Not sure how much different the steering in a GT is to a BA xr8 but I don't mind either (Au or BA) in what I have driven.

·
1,934 Posts
FPVGT said:
gambit said:
All the motoring mags I have read were the other way around & liked the AU steering feel better. Not sure how much different the steering in a GT is to a BA xr8 but I don't mind either (Au or BA) in what I have driven.

You should know by now gambit. That Alex has a jadded view of the world
but who cares. :wank2: ha ha ha
Im a bit the same, both feel fine but I go with all the jurno's on this one, The T3 is a little better.

·
1,934 Posts
red250 said:
Thanks for your imput so far??
Can the pressures be increased in the "B" series ??
Dont know about the pressure but, it might have something to do with the steering wheel size. The BA has a 340mm wheel & the T3 has a 360mm wheel. So I would say that would account for the heavy feel of the BA.. :hy:

·
Tornado F6
236 Posts
red250 said:
Who has moved from a T3 to a BA/BF FPV and the steering is a lot heavier than the T3.
The steering in the T3 i take it is the same as in most AU models as the steering seems to be the same in both BA and BF a lot heavier.
Does any one know if the "B" series steering can be changed, altered or maybe the word needed here ajusted or is it pressure ajusted to make it heavier than the T3.
The T3 is so much nicer to drive than the "B" series i have test driven so far including a F6 BA Tornado and the BF F6 Typhoon along with a couple of std BA's.
Geoff this is interesting that you mention this as I have noticed that the steering in my T3 Pursuit was almost identical to my BA F6 Ute and the new BF F6 Ute is also very similar and hardly noticeable.

However the wife’s BF F6 steering is as heavy as!! and that noticeable that it shows just driving out the driveway…Well more than noticeable its bloody heavy compared to my Ute and the cook has even mentioned her hands slip off the steering when she is parking as she was so used to the Fairmont Ghia which had nice light steering apart from the dreaded BA steering clunk on full lock.

Same steering wheel as the Ute etc and I’d imagine the whole steering system is the same, so why is there so much variation between the two vehicles?

Maybe it is just a pressure adjustment and I will be getting the Typhoon looked at @ 3000km so I’ll let you know what’s up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info greg
Hmm ill have to take yours for a we drive and yes it will be interesting to see what they come up with on the car.
Its very very noticable the heavier steering and actually puts you off some what.
Looking forward to how they fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
red250
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing