Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
firefox7 said:
Been good. Very busy with work at the moment but trying to have a bit of fun in between. Cars going great at the moment. Looking forward to seeing the results you get from Jamies car. What do you think you will get realisticly from his mods with your edit?.

Cheers...
mate i dont really know, it will be my first big engine with edit so it will be interesting. It should make some good power but. Hey i should post up all the graphs of my T3 with all the different mods i did for you guys. i found them again the other day

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Xtreme F6 said:
Hey i should post up all the graphs of my T3 with all the different mods i did for you guys. i found them again the other day

Yeah wack them up if you can or email it to me. You said something once about an exhaust mod or something too.

On another note from one of your previous posts.......

I made the comparision between the XR6T with aps II Kit vs Phoon because their was no phoon there on the day to make a comparision. The XR6T with aps mods would be far far quicker than the stock phoon anyway. We have three Typhoons in our car club,with the only mods being the usual, exhaust,filter etc..in our club, and my mates XR6T with aps II kit on it floggs them in a straight line as well as myself and steve.

Credit should be given when due i believe. We were the fastest street cars their on the day....and it was a ford, not a holden nor an STI nor a EVO. We ran the cars N/A, with the limited mods ( exhaust, K&N, CAI )on pure street tyres, and I was running Dunlop SP9000's which we all know, is not the ideal tyre for circuit use. Far from it. No suspension mods at all, as i run the current stock tickford suspension and no adjustment to camber or ride height. It was also my very first run at wakefeild park on that circuit so I was inexperienced and if you watch the video you can see i was trying different methods at various parts of the circuit for eg...fast in slow out...slow in fast out. So there is plenty left in the car to run better times with more track time and much better tyres.

If you want to make a comparison V8 to V8, there was a guy there with a 325 rwkwt monaro, with full koni coil over suspension, fully adjustable ride height, and adjustable castor and camber, running neg 3 camber on potenza RE055's semi slicks, and we were .5 second a lap faster than he was. And he was a regular at that circuit. We certainly ruffled his feathers..

MRT race EVO 9 cars were there for testing purposes. They were their all day testing tyres, pressure's and suspension setups. They must have pre booked because they got their own 20 min sessions with nothing on the track but them. We were 2 secs a lap slower than these guys and they couldn't believe it. They were timing us as we went around...and the MRT guys came into the pits to have a look and check out our cars after our session. They walked away in total amazment and could not believe a factory ford N/A was running around on street tyres and was posting regular low 14's on that circuit. For a heavy car that is a sensational time.

I think we did pretty good considering what we were up against.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
your right credit due when it is but its a pretty bold statement or esumption to say that just cos you beat an xr6t with a asp kit that your car would flog a f6 or another t.

just remember my car for example runs 124 mph over the quater now put that on a race track comming out of corners and imagine the exit speed and how fast the thing excelerates and then understand why i said there isnt much that would hold a candle to my f6 around a track........ food for thought.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Xtreme F6 said:
mate i dont really know, it will be my first big engine with edit so it will be interesting. It should make some good power but. Hey i should post up all the graphs of my T3 with all the different mods i did for you guys. i found them again the other day
It'll be interesting all right- if anyone can do it Simon, you would be the man!! (dropped it off to Ierace's today too mate BTW)

BTW- seeing Al's car in that vid it's pretty clear he can drive, but I'd hate to put anything up against your F6- I mean ANYTHING

Man you can drive though Al- Put you on a plane to Barbagallo to see what you can get in my T3 mate- offers open if you get over this way....

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Xtreme F6 said:
your right credit due when it is but its a pretty bold statement or esumption to say that just cos you beat an xr6t with a asp kit that your car would flog a f6 or another t.

just remember my car for example runs 124 mph over the quater now put that on a race track comming out of corners and imagine the exit speed and how fast the thing excelerates and then understand why i said there isnt much that would hold a candle to my f6 around a track........ food for thought.

I know what your saying. But I make my comparisions stock vs stock with limited mods, being exhaust ,cold air and filter. Your car has an edit and god nows what else & of course it will be faster. I'm not argueing that point. Hope you have big brakes....lol..:bigeyes:

Cheers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
firefox7 said:
I know what your saying. But I make my comparisions stock vs stock with limited mods, being exhaust ,cold air and filter. Your car has an edit and god nows what else & of course it will be faster. I'm not argueing that point. Hope you have big brakes....lol..:bigeyes:

Cheers.
You could do the same mods to the F6 and whip the T3- sad but true

And even if you didn't do the same mods but spent the same money- you would get a hell of alot more out of the F6 with NOTHING else but the edit.

and yeah, he's got the Brembo's too.......

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
firefox7 said:

Cheers.
hhah yer brembos mate :hy:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Xtreme F6 said:
hhah yer brembos mate :hy:

Thank god for that...lol...:clap:

Cheers

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
OMG this debate is still raging!
T3 V GT only thing thats changed in T3 V F6.
Simon you fort a good fight with the GT but even you got rid of it & now have an F6.
The GT series 1 was floored from the start. It was an oil burning, unruley handling, over weight car with warrenty issue central. Thats the facts every know's that now, but back then they were the latest from ford, so it was assumed they were better then the car they replaced. Its a shame they wern't, but thats life.
The F6 on the other hand is a much better performance car, & so everyone that wants a great performance car buys an F6 "as you did".
Everyone that wants a great touring car buys a GT.
Everyone that want a unique performance buys a T3 as is seen by the amount of GT/XR8 owners trading back to the T3.
So its all in what you want from your car. NOT which one is better because there all the best at what they do..
They are three vastly diffarence cars, for 3 vastly diffarent people...

·
1,934 Posts
Xtreme F6 said:
all we need now is Alex back and it will be good times again hahahhahaha
Good god Nooooo!!!! :wank2:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Xtreme F6 said:
all we need now is Alex back and it will be good times again hahahhahaha

Yeah...what has happened to alex....i don't see him here or on the other forum anymore..?

Cheers

·
1,934 Posts
firefox7 said:
Yeah...what has happened to alex....i don't see him here or on the other forum anymore..?

Cheers
Someone cought up with him I spose. :booty:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Noboss said:

:blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh:

Cheers

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I now your lurking around simon...going to post up the data for the t3 or what...???

Cheers

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Noboss said:
I'm still here,Great Vid that Black GT in there was awesome :hy:

·
1,934 Posts
FPVGT said:
I'm still here
Great Vid that Black GT in there was awesome :hy:
Pitty it was so slow..Bwhahahahahah

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
10 Participants
firefox7
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing