Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering which fluid I should run in the T5 I'm installing today. The I6 T5 is specified with gear oil, and the V8 T5 with ATF. Now I'm installing a I6 T5 behind my V8. Any suggestions? Does anybody know why they are specified with different fluids for different engines?

Thanks
Tris

· Registered
44 Posts
ATM I have DexIII + some kind of grey metalic looking additive the trans man told me to put in it. I explained that it was going behind a h/o 351c and he said "no worries mate, she'll be fine" .. now i hear that I should prolly have gear oil in it? makes me wonder about my trans man ...

Granted the trans has done about 250k's tops .. am i better off whipping it all out and starting again with gear oil? why the different oils for diff engines? heat under load?

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Mental said:
... I explained that it was going behind a h/o 351c and he said "no worries mate, she'll be fine" ..... makes me wonder about my trans man ...
This makes me wonder more about the trans man than his oil recommendation. Ben.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.