Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't spose anyone has put a T5 to cleveland?? what sort of cost and what sort of dramas are involved??

Jeff

·
Registered
234 Posts
xacoupe said:
I don't spose anyone has put a T5 to cleveland?? what sort of cost and what sort of dramas are involved??

Jeff
not 100% sure but cant you just get a mustang smll block b housing and it will bolt right up no hassel?
mustangs had t5s as did u.k sierra cosworths i was gonna go this route but t5s here are £££ so was gonna go toyota supra turbo box c/r/s also do a kit for that
hope this helps

·
Phantom 351 XE
49 Posts
i got quoted $3000 for complete conversion v8 T5 kit from CRS, this includes reconditioned box. quote is from last year so prices may have changed. i have scince decided to go toploader and have all parts minus the box.

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
Are people blind ? this thread is 4 years old, Jeff finished the car years ago, he now has it off the road doing it agian.

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
xdclevo said:
Hmmm, what is brewing up ah??
Only what i told you by pm a week ago, which you didn't answer by the way, don't you want to have a beer with me ? :priest:
Also sorted out a reason why my toploader may have failed, the tailshaft was 35mm too long, how that happened on a standard GT driveline i have no clue.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
falcon coupe said:
don't you want to have a beer with me ?
Allways keen for a beer. Clear out some of your measages, and one might
get through :whoaa:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Not sure how it can be 35mm too long?

Ideally the yoke sits about 20mm out the back of the output shaft. If it was 35mm too long, then it would be 15mm inside the extension housing and the whole drive line physically wouldn't fit??

Can you get under the car and see how much yoke shaft is showing behind the extension housing rubber seal?

Is it possible to carbon date this thread? ;)

·
Death by Ford
315 Posts
Chad_XF said:
So would a T5 from a 6cyl be strong enough behind a mild 302c?
Normal driving i would say yes, dumping the clutch i would say no. If it lasts as long as this thread you will be doing very well:priest: .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts