Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
Saturday 11th March i decide to have my first day off work ever to spend some money and time on my car. i decided to take it to a suspension place (i will leave the name blank) to get my all original beautifully never had an accident ED Ghia lowered. I woke up at 6 got there at 8 picked it up at 12. It looked beautiful 2 inches WOAH!. Anyway i drive off the car is making all sorts of noises then the steering goes at the same time as the drivers side wheel. Smashes the guard the car drops slides along the road, the disk is now a square i go to brake its a bit difficult braking with just the rears. The wheel that flew off just missed Napean Classic Cars (sells MG Convertibles Etc.). Lucky for me the police where 2 cars behind and the suspension shop was just 100m away ( i turned to complain about the noise). Wheel the moral to this story is: "Anyone Touches Your Wheels, Dont ASSUME They Did Them Back Up." - My Dad. Remember guys "If You ASSUME You Make An ASS Out Of ME And U!"

Nathan.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ghiastyle said:
hey everyone,
Saturday 11th March i decide to have my first day off work ever to spend some money and time on my car. i decided to take it to a suspension place (i will leave the name blank) to get my all original beautifully never had an accident ED Ghia lowered. I woke up at 6 got there at 8 picked it up at 12. It looked beautiful 2 inches WOAH!. Anyway i drive off the car is making all sorts of noises then the steering goes at the same time as the drivers side wheel. Smashes the guard the car drops slides along the road, the disk is now a square i go to brake its a bit difficult braking with just the rears. The wheel that flew off just missed Napean Classic Cars (sells MG Convertibles Etc.). Lucky for me the police where 2 cars behind and the suspension shop was just 100m away ( i turned to complain about the noise). Wheel the moral to this story is: "Anyone Touches Your Wheels, Dont ASSUME They Did Them Back Up." - My Dad. Remember guys "If You ASSUME You Make An ASS Out Of ME And U!"

D
Nathan.
amn SHame , still you should have it back in a week or so all nice and new ,,,, or sue them for heaps .

·
Registered
827 Posts
If it is a reputable shop,
they will have insurance against this.

Tow it to them. and tell em you want it back 100%.....or simply go through your own insurance....they WILL sue on your behalf.

Mistakes like this cannot be tolerated...100% safety issue. If an apprentice did it, and its the first time, but to learn an apprentice needs to be shown how much trust is in his hands.

Cheers
Jas

·
Registered
143 Posts
damn!!! that musta been embarrassing getting outa the car...n must scared the shit outa ya!! when the front of the car dropped.. their insurance should cover the damage..or else your insurance will sue them the cost of the damge...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same thing happen in my mini cooper S .
Got half way down the freeway when my drivers side wheel passed me .
So sorry dude i know how it sucks when you have expectations of a reasonable job to be done .

·
d"EF" JAM
13 Posts
Hi, Im interested in finding out the outcome of this mishap. Did the suspension place cover your damages?

·
Registered
827 Posts
YEs i am also interested in this result.

I know how much i pay to cover myself for such an eventuality,,,,and i don't expect it!!

please tell us it cost you nothing!!

Jas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts