Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the door lock button off on EF (and I assume EL) model front doors? I've takon out all the screws and the only thing that's stopping me from taking the entire door trim off is the yellow plastic thing attached the to door lock button. It looks like its threaded on the end and the top piece (the actual door lock knob) screws onto it, but I can't get the door trim low enough to unscrew it. It also doesn't help that it's square, so I can't just turn it while its still in the door. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
They just pull off... There's a way of getting in the right spot too when you put it back but i can't remember what it was, been ages since i've done one...

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Jase, your saying you just pull the door trim upwards to release the button? So is the door lock button just friction fitted? It's just that when I saw it, it looked like it was threaded.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
You leave the door trim on and pull the square button up, it will unclip and come off. When putting it back on there's a bit of white plastic inside the button which you pull out a little bit and then you push the button back on and it locks in. I cant remember what position you had to have everything in to get it to sit flush, i think locked, but i cant remember exactly.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah OK, now I get what you're talking about, thanks a lot.

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
like the ones on my ute.....it takes a bit of swearing and cursing to get them bastards off...you'll freak how hard you got to pull on them(gives the springs a workout!)and u got to look at them the right way to get them back on!!

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
try this

lower the doortrim down with all screw and handles removed.

Pull up on the button and it will release off the plastic thread thing.

To refit.

1/reassemble the doortrim, refit handles and screws etc.
2/wind down window
3/close door
4/ with a small flatbladed screwdriver prise out the white plastic clip out of the centre of the button. Will not come completely out.
5/ push shaft down so that all doors lock
6/sit button on top of shaft
7/ tap button down till flush with top of door
8/open fridge and have a cold beer

If you dont get the postition of the button correct, doors will go crazy (up and down).

Good luck and i hope this helps.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that Botch and all the others. Are there any problems with the driver side door? I only tried taking off the passenger side because it doesn't haven't the mirror control joystick. I assume that it has enough wire so that I can take it off and unplug it?

PS Botch, I'll probably change the order of your steps and add step 8 at the start and middle too. :D

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
mangrovejack said:
I assume that it has enough wire so that I can take it off and unplug it?
Yeah, it just unplugs at the back of the power mirror controls, and bob's your mum.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
objects in the mirror appear closer than they are.

use a small flatblade screwdriver to pop the plug off the back of the switch. Take care not to spill your beer whilst doing this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts