Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 97 SHO into a oil change dealer ( NOT Ford) just a local dealer who does oil changes. He also looked at my brakes and Transmission. No problems with brakes or tranny. Oil change was completed. When I went into parking lot to retrieve my car, the alarm went off. I tried the remote and I finally had to start the vehicle to shut it off. Now I can't use the alarm. It goes off every time I set it. The only way to set the alarm without out it going off, is by sitting in the car and manually locking all doors, then opening driver door last and locking with the key. Any other way will set off the alarm. I need help. I took it to our local Ford dealer and he did the "on & off" thing with the key and could not figure it out. He said they would have to put it up on a sensor machine and it would cost a couple hundred bucks > NO WAY, Ford.
If you can help I would appreciate it. Thanks Keel

[email protected]

·
NESHO SCT Tuner
703 Posts
If you are talking about the factory alarm I would suspect the hood alarm switch. It is on the fender by the battery. There is a rubber plug in the hood it pokes through.

I just disconnected mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts