Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT = Grand Tourer, in the T Series does anyone know what the TE/TS & TL stands for? Also what does the "50" stand for?

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
50 was apparently because it was a 5L engine in the T1 & T2s but then they kept it for the T3s for some reason I thought at the time because they didn't want to go from 56 to 54 when the BA came out but we now know they scrapped the range so beats me

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
Trying to think
The T stood for Tickford
L stood for Long Wheelbase / Luxury
E stood for ???????
S stood for ???????
Help us out David

·
Driver of a BA XR8!
184 Posts
I'll have a guess: TE Tickford Executive, TS Tickford Sports, TL Tickford Limosune (spelling)

Alex

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
fpv gtp said:
I think the E is for Energy. the S is for sports and the L is for Luxury.
I thought the S stood for Supreme?

·
It finally arrived May'03
170 Posts
Iam pretty sure Wheels or Motor had it listed when FTE was launched. I think it went
E - executive
S - Sport
L - Luxury

Check back in the mags about when the three cars when they were launched

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
RPO83 said:
Blardy hell...brain fade...smciner1 is correct.

TE50 describes the T-Series energy, TS50 is T-Series supreme and TL50 represents luxury - this is the CORRECT information.
Thankyou.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ford Fanatic said:
Mmmm... Pizza...

Wouldn't the "Energy" tie in with the "Synergy 5000" engine too? It was Synergy wasn't it?
The Synergy Engine was the 220kw version, and wasn't the 200kw version dubbed energy 5000, thats why I thought they originally got named TS and TE respectively first time around :shrug: if I wasn't so lazy I'd go look for the old motor magazine that did the first review of them :shifty:

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Both the 200kW and the 220 kW Engines in the original TE and TS 50 were dubbed "Synergy 5000". The external visual difference was the Plate on top of the Intake Manifold was Grey with Chrome lettering on the 200 kW version and Red with Chrome lettering on the 220 kW version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For what it's worth, drive.com.au has an article dated back to 1999 that says;

TE - Energy
TS - Sports
TL - Luxury

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.