Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stepped outside for a smoke and the guys out the back that restore stangs have a TE50 parked out there.
Its the first TE50 I've seen and I must say VEEEERRY NICE.
I love the skirts on the side how they have TE50 printed on them, looks wicked.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have to say I am surprised at the number of people that haven't seen a T series in the flesh. One area Ford must work harder on.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Lets hope that the stroker motor changes this situation and we see more and more T series around.:D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah lets hope so. I also hope they keep they keep a model with out the wings and kit. Don't know if anyone has seen an M5 or a E55 in the flesh but a TS with power along these lines would get my vote. Basically just a standard car that has been lowered and with big wheels but lets see the exhaust one out each side please!

·
1,610 Posts
Yeah I know of a M5 (that bluey silver color) and it looks awesome, I love the look of the dual exhausts on each side, and boy does it sound great. :cool:
I think both BMW's M series and Merc's AMG range have it right in that they are strong and aggressive yet still look classy.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Ive seen two TS50s, a Silver Series I and a Blue Series II with the optional 18s. Havnt seen a E55 but have seen a AMG CLK55, and an M5.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Martin said:
Ive seen two TS50s, a Silver Series I and a Blue Series II with the optional 18s. Havnt seen a E55 but have seen a AMG CLK55, and an M5.
And what did you think of the approach on those models from Europe, Martin?

·
1,610 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but I love the look of the CLK55 Merc, the only problem is it doesn't have ford badges on it and that its a bit out of my price range.:D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Yeah lets hope so. I also hope they keep they keep a model with out the wings and kit
Perhaps have them as a no cost "choice" like they are currently.. that way you can have the car as you like..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:

Perhaps have them as a no cost "choice" like they are currently.. that way you can have the car as you like..
Yes that is probably what they will do. I also think the future models will be a lot more aggressive in the first place.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
i've probably seen about 7 or 8 T-series.. the only problem is that i would sometimes see that many HSV's on a weekend!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah apart from teh ford freaks and people in the car arena, the general public don't know about the T Series falcon. My friends from school when they yak on about clubsport commodores and that falcons don't have a match, i say theres a TE-50 which competes $ for $ with clubbie, they say "huh whats that". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But i know for a fact even holden owners when they see the T's in the metal they admit it's a nice machine.

Me thinks lotsa club runs for the T owners will cure that problem. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
HSE2 said:

And what did you think of the approach on those models from Europe, Martin?
Awesome, I prefer a car with less show, more go! :cool:

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
There are two TE50's in my suburb besides mine, which out numbers the R8's I've seen. But you are right, whenever I'm asked what car do you drive, the questions are always the same, what's a TE50?, who are Tickford?. Never mind, we know who they are, we are the lucky ones. I can't ever remember seeing any ads on TV for the T series, is this a cunning ploy by Ford I wonder.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
the first TE50 i saw was when I was driving. I looked for as long as I could to prevent runnign into it and having to look at it crumpled after. it still deosnt "cut the cake" in terms of looks though. i want aggressive body kit spoiler ect. Ive never been a fan of the AU lights though.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
first T series i saw was a red TS50 while a passenger in my mates AU futura. First one I'd seen up close (cut to me, face pressed against back window drooling uncontrollably) lol

The guy noticed we were looking at it and planted the right foot at the next set of lights - unleashing that Awesome Windsor V8 Tone (TM) :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
First one I saw was JB's company car. I also got to go for a drive in it. If I didn't have a broken foot at the time I would have been able to sit behind the wheel so I had to settle for the left hand side of the car:(
Appart from the colour, the exhaust note and the seats were highlights for me. Shift quality was also impressive. I followed his car all over the place, looking at it from different angles. Lucky I wasn't charged with stalking:p

T

·
0 Posts
I've seen 1, and I live in Syd. That was almost 2 years ago, have'nt seen another one on the road yet.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
You guys must live in the wrong place! Apart from the ones we have seen rock up to us at the Discovery Centre carrying their lucky occupants, I have seen quite a few around Geelong. There are two that I know of in the suburb I live in which I see almost daily.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts