Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BOSman
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gidday people, Would anyone know what difference there is between the Tickford TE50 series 3 factory suspension and the herrod option eg, koni's and super low springs (herrods wording)? Is there a great difference in ride quality? Have been offered setup very cheap and low k's. Worth doing? Any info appreciated. :driver:

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
bosman said:
Gidday people, Would anyone know what difference there is between the Tickford TE50 series 3 factory suspension and the herrod option eg, koni's and super low springs (herrods wording)? Is there a great difference in ride quality? Have been offered setup very cheap and low k's. Worth doing? Any info appreciated. :driver:
How cheep??
Herrod springs are King SSLs, from King $250. From Herrod who knows? but you can bet he'll make his 500% markup.

Shocks are Koni same as above + god knows what markup.

The standard shocks are fine, if you want a little better ride with a little lower stance just fit King SSL springs..

·
BOSman
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah 400 the lot. Pretty cheap I thought. Bought anyway, still deciding whether to put on. Wrapped with condition though, practically brand new. Can remember when i bought the T it was an option for Koni's but not sure if the Herrod springs would change stance to much. Dont wanna go to far from factory look or options.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
bosman said:
Yeah 400 the lot. Pretty cheap I thought. Bought anyway, still deciding whether to put on. Wrapped with condition though, practically brand new. Can remember when i bought the T it was an option for Koni's but not sure if the Herrod springs would change stance to much. Dont wanna go to far from factory look or options.
The price was right.
The springs will lower the car about 40+mm.
The Tickford/Koni option was a T3 item, standard on TS, option on TE.
The Koni suspenion package was called the "touring suspenion package" softer 8mm lower in the rear, same as TE in the front.

·
BOSman
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers NoBoss, Appreciate the info , i think i'll install the lot. Again Ta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts