Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team GT will be running the TE50 at the Grand Prix, The old girl will be dusted off and thrown into battle, the team wont have the second BA GT finshed in time, so John Falk will go out and give it to them in the old girl. So all you guys & girls that live in down there go and show Trever & John some support, these guys are running on about one tenth of the budget of a V8 supercar team ! And they are doing us Ford fans prowd.
Mabe the Tickford/FPV club can get somthing going ? GO TEAM GT !

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ummmm, You do mean the Grand Prix in Melbourne?
Anyhow, minor details!.. Will be a great comparo between their BA GT & the TE!

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charliewool said:
Ummmm, You do mean the Grand Prix in Melbourne?
Anyhow, minor details!.. Will be a great comparo between their BA GT & the TE!
OOOPs yep thats the Clipsil 500 in SA Bit of a ballsup put it down to "getting old" LOL....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oi you spelt "Adelaide" wrong in the thread title.. Adalaide?? hehe

·
Registered
774 Posts
Anyway, more on the topic.. That should be awesome to see a TE50 amongst it all..

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JADED6 said:
Anyway, more on the topic.. That should be awesome to see a TE50 amongst it all..
Gotta love my spelling It wasn't my best subject at school, LOL
And yes It'll be great to see the TE out again, the team has been working hard on the GT and it'll be on the pace pretty soon, But it will be great to see John Falk and the TE just one more time......

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Indeed they are doing us Ford fans proud. I believe that TE is still a weapon on 7 cylinders (and still made a podium finish) at Bathurst, when I last saw her in action.

Good to see, good luck Team GT!!!!

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Noddy,
Is that your Narooma Blue on page 112 of FPM?

·
708 Posts
Noope, i would be happy with a 13.8 thou. The silver te50 on the same page thats run a 14.3 must not had a clean run because a have been for a squirt in that car and it should have been much quicker than that.

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Noddy,
Like your quote says, low 14's is whats expected from a TE anyway but the 13.8 was excellent. Do either of those cars have any mods?

What about your car, any mods? Have you run it on a Dyno?

Also, have you or the other guys in the FPM registered your cars at the T series site http://warp9.to/TheTSeries Its a good site and we are encouraging people to register as Ford can't tell us how many of each colour were built

Mine is build #82

·
708 Posts
shaynet said:
Noddy,
Like your quote says, low 14's is whats expected from a TE anyway but the 13.8 was excellent. Do either of those cars have any mods?

What about your car, any mods? Have you run it on a Dyno?

Also, have you or the other guys in the FPM registered your cars at the T series site http://warp9.to/TheTSeries Its a good site and we are encouraging people to register as Ford can't tell us how many of each colour were built

Mine is build #82
I know the guy in the silver te50 and it's a manual with exhaust, intake mods. At the time i went for a squirt he was looking at a cam change and a piggy back ecu. i would have thought he would easily been into the mid 13's wiht just the exhaust and intake changes. I don't know the owner of the narooma blue te50. I will be painting my tickford wings in the lower grill silver as he has done.

My car is standard thou after i do a few runs at Willowbank, hopefully this Wendsday night, i will be changing the exhaust and intake. I'm still not sure which exhaust to go for, probably pacies tri-y's as my car is an auto, with twin 2.5" system. Also unsure of the mufflers to go with. Have heard Magaflow's sound great.

I ran the car with 1800klms on it and it did 243rwhp.

I have my car registered (118) and i will contact Brett(silver te50) to do the same if he likes.

cheers

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Noddy said:

I ran the car with 1800klms on it and it did 243rwhp.

cheers
Do you mean 243rwkw? If so, that is a high number compared to 4 manual TE's that we ran on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in shootout mode. Results ranged from 200 to 220rwkw. The 220 came from a car with tri y's and twin 2.5" system while the other 3 had 4 into 1 extractors with 2 into 1 single 3" systems.

I just changed mine to twin system and made 6rwkw. Will be fitting tri y's (not pacies) with small primaries same as 220 car in 2 weeks and will post result here late Feb

·
708 Posts
I did mean 243rwhp, roughly converts to about 240-250 flywheel kw's. Remember it is an auto. It's seems that the tri-y's and twin 2.5 might be the go for my car. What results did the 3 and 4 into 1 extractors fitted cars get? Also what brand of extractors are these tri-y's you are getting?

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
sbutler said:
Team GT will be running the TE50 at the Grand Prix, The old girl will be dusted off and thrown into battle, the team wont have the second BA GT finshed in time, so John Falk will go out and give it to them in the old girl. So all you guys & girls that live in down there go and show Trever & John some support, these guys are running on about one tenth of the budget of a V8 supercar team ! And they are doing us Ford fans prowd.
Mabe the Tickford/FPV club can get somthing going ? GO TEAM GT !
Good to see them still trying with those old models.

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Noddy,
You have PM

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rod c said:
Good to see them still trying with those old models.
Yep when thay get the "boss" to go faster then the old TE50 they will use it! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts