Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first TE50 falcon on Saturday with a old woman driving it to do her shopping, they look good but what are they, I have heard of them but never seen one.

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I will have win lotto or get divorced and find a rich woman to get one.

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
They are also a great car to drive, even with 200kw, so when the 260kw version comes out it should be absolutely awesome. That old woman probably has no idea what she was driving and what it is capable of, but then again it could have been Craig Lowndes's granny. You can have alook at mine in the Showroom under "My Fun Mobile"

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ian with XR membership cap on.

When you say OLD how old do you mean?

What colour was this T series car?

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Ian

I forgot it was up your way, I was going to Target at Prospect I think it was. Old is about late 40's early 50's at a quick look.

The T series was red and boy did it look good.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Bet it was the same car.

Having trouble contacting her but I will succeed At worse I will try and get the car along to a club day. No shortage of Fords in that Family I can tell you

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well i'm starting to see a trend here, it seems the T Series Falcons haven't been marketed right. I've seen Holden guys lookign at TSeries falcons and liking it heaps. Even some ford guys don't know what a TSeries Falcon is. Ford Australia should market teh T Series Falcons like the XR8, to make it well known. Sure it's aimed at a different makret and quite frankly i like it that way, but if TE-50, can be hollowed in peoples midns like ClubSport i'm sure Ford will gain sales from the daily falcons.

Just my comment..

·
337 Posts
I agree with you 100% there EF dude. But lets wait for the strokers first eh!? And lets get some awesome exhaust tips SHOWING and NOT HIDDEN to compliment the awesome sound!

Tim

G

·
0 Posts
EFSteve said:
I saw my first TE50 falcon on Saturday with a old woman driving it to do her shopping, they look good but what are they, I have heard of them but never seen one.
Gee you Tasmanians must be really isolated. :p

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
I'm a fan of the hidden exhausts actually. And the rumble of those T-series is fantastic, having it come from "nowhere" is good. Saw a TL 50 the other day in the city (Brisbane) and when he planted it, everyone on the street knew who it was.

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I hadnt heard that there was a TE50 I would just have thought that it was a falcon with a body kit.
I have seen a couple of TL50's here in Hobart parked on meters and thought they looked good. I have noticed that a lot of new HSV crapadores and sporty fords are hitting the roads as I work across from a car window tinting business, its a bugger that its more holdens than fords I see in there.

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Well i'm starting to see a trend here, it seems the T Series Falcons haven't been marketed right. I've seen Holden guys lookign at TSeries falcons and liking it heaps. Even some ford guys don't know what a TSeries Falcon is. Ford Australia should market teh T Series Falcons like the XR8, to make it well known. Sure it's aimed at a different makret and quite frankly i like it that way, but if TE-50, can be hollowed in peoples midns like ClubSport i'm sure Ford will gain sales from the daily falcons.

Just my comment..
I agree with your comment EF, Ford's 'T' series advertising is virtually non-existent and EFSteve you are not alone, I know many Ford drivers who haven't a clue what a TE50 is. I do believe this will all change with the Stroker due this year, if Ford don't take advantage of this great car in their advertising, they will miss the opportunity to really screw HSV. 'T' series cars need to be on the lips of every performance car enthusiast and not just HSV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts