Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
telstra are a pack of homos

http://www.a1h.com/
for those who dont already know, telstra will be changing their unlimited freedom cable plans to a 3 gig limit per month. after this lilit is reached all that can be accessed is email and telstra.com. in my opinon this is FUKED!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Helloooooo another disgruntled Telstra customer....
I agree this is completely wrong, unfortunately it looks like a trend set to continue in the Australian Internet/Broadband market :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Now that is a real prick, but I think its the way it gonna happen for most ISP so that they can keep providing a consistant service. This will help them achieve their guaranteed transfer rates and probably save them money.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Does this include ADSL ?:(

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Seems that the DSL companies here can not stay in the black and are closing down. Costing them WAY too much. A lot of DSL providers are going belly up or creating limits like you describe.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Stop slagging Telstra! My shares aren't doing so well. Please pay up and pay on time :read: :wink2:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I used to run an ISP (from a technical perspective) and Telstra were almost criminal in their attempts to kill small ISP's by charging enormous amounts for links, and bandwidth usage. They are the last company that needs to worry about going belly up, or losing money with people sucking large amounts of data over cable/ADSL. Telstra jointly own the links to the US (major link to the rest of the world), and they make a motza reselling those links.

I still use the humble modem connected to a mates ISP. I get unlimited downloads, as much web space as I like (and he hosts my two domains for free) and the speed is fairly decent. Granted, it's useless for sucking huge amounts of data, but I've been using the 'net since '92 and it's hardly a novelty anymore. :p

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Its probably appropriate for Telstra to operate like this since they only buy Holdens and Holden is full of absolute wankers, therefore so is Telstra. :nuts:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Adam W said:
Its probably appropriate for Telstra to operate like this since they only buy Holdens and Holden is full of absolute wankers, therefore so is Telstra. :nuts:
:D :D :D

A company like Telstra don't need to be doing this sort of thing. They have the best network infrastructure and technology, they can damn afford it. If they want to limit me to 3GiG a month, then I expect a decent reduction in my monthly payment.

I think an abusive email is called for..:read: :mad3: :flame:

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Hey Guys I'm not a Telstra fan by any means but look at it this way.

"It's better than being with One Tel...."

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Telstra probably made One.tel go broke :eek:
No, not this time. One.Tel was using Optus' network, and over time had gathered themselves quite a hefty user base - explains all the full page ads in the papers, the other telcos know there's big dollars to be made snapping up customers. I swtiched to Optus today, the guy said their shop had signed up more people in 3 days than they do in a month.

One.Tel died, like HIH, due to upper management ineptness.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts